chatroom

samface182

mummy to two boys.
Reaction score
hello :) was just wondering if the chat room is ever going to be opened again? it's just that it has been closed for a while.

TIA :flower: xx

I'm afraid not.

A few members ruined it for the majority......there were a lot of problems/issues with it since it wasn't modded (with as busy as the forum is the mods really don't have time to be in it all the time) and people were sadly taking advantage of that

thanks vickie,
I always think the same thing, then I think to myself, I wonder if theres away it can be modded w/o always needing a mod in there? lol like maybe if we have "mini chat mods" or something but then I think that would be so much work
then I think maybe and cretin things could be censored but Im like how would that work?
lmao THEN i think "wow, i need a life " :haha:

it's such a shame that a few members ruin it for the rest of us, a chat room would be lovely :) x

Yeah i miss the chat room i used to go in it most nights.. because well i didnt have much of a life outside BnB :haha: x

I agree, there are ways to have just chatroom mods. That way, there would be a few in charge and they could arrange times to be on or have ways of members contacting them to report poor behaviour in the chats. I think it could work. Would it be worth a shot to try it again?

lol me too :D but i doubt the chatroom will go back.. esp after what happened :(

I went into the chatroom once...about a week before it was closed :dohh:
Gutted! :lol: xxx

I loved the chatroom :D It's how I became friends with the little circle I am in now xx

I remember way back, in MSN chat days you could set up the room so that certain people would gain OPS on entry. I think if you appointed enough people with moderation status(I suppose you could have a few different types, lesser mod, higher mod) so that some people could potentially ban the user just from the chatroom and others can only kick them you'd stop a lot of the arguments that go on and there'd be a high chance the room would have a moderator in it most of the time.
Also on IRC chat you can do practically the same. Just a suggestion, I know you're all probably very busy and I don't know what'd have to be done to make an application like that.

What about arranging chat times? So even if it's just once a week or something, a mod arranges to moderate a chat session for a couple of hours??

Nobody has the time to commit & there are no plans to expand the team. If it needs baby sitting then somethings wrong, right?

:D

well not baby sat.. i suppose its the same as the forums.. with out mods things would get out of hand.. and the chatroom wasnt always bad.. i mean most of the time everyone got on really well :D but then again i know it prob can be more work that its worth sometimes..

im sure someday it might return.. well hopefully :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->