Cheap but good reusable wipes and using tips

loulougirly

Reaction score
I've got my fluff stash ready and was going to make my own wipes but at 39 weeks pg think I might have to admit it's not gonna happen :blush:

So wanna buy some but don't wanna fork out loads esp on ones that are no good. I'd quite like double sided ones, not just fleece ones. Any recommendations? (Links would really be appreciated)

And while I'm at it how do you use yours? I'd really like to make it as easy as poss, esp during the night and when out and about

Oh and how many do you think I'll need for full time use?

TIA!! :thumbup:

Babykind have some decent cheap ones - https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm#washablewipes - £5.60 for ten. I used mine for two years and have just sold them (as I have prettier ones and they weren't getting used) - they lasted really well and did the job perfectly. Wee Notions have a nice range too and lots of options and they're well priced.

I have 40 wipes that I actually use but I have two LOs using them and I always use two at every change (one to wipe away any mess and one to polish afterwards!). I wash every other day or so and that's plenty. 20-30 should be fine for washing every other day with one baby.

You can make wipe solutions with all sorts - I used to love using a few drops of lavender, a few drops of tea tree oil, a few drops of sweet orange oil, a squirt of our baby wash (Halos and Horns) then top up with water. I would make it in the Pampers wipes box we got free in the hospital bounty pack (a bit ironic, I know) or in a tupperware box. Then you can either presoak the wipes or just dip them in as needed, or use a sports bottle and just squeeze it onto wipes when you need them. Some people use a spray mist bottle but it takes ages to get the wipes wet that way. A good alternative is to spray baby's bottom and then use the wipes dry - especially fun with an older baby who likes the tickles! Wipe solution was a bit faffy for me though and I found that it works just as well to just run the wipes under a warm tap before use. If it's a dirty nappy, I also use a teeny bit of baby wash too but it's not necessary for my BF younger daughter. Warm wipes are better for nappy changes when you're trying not to wake baby - cold wipes are a shock!

I don't bother with cloth wipes when out and about - I use Jackson Reece disposable ones, which are (IMO) the next best thing. I started off using cloth when out but always forgot to take them out of the bag later and ended up with musty wipes. If you do want to use cloth while out, you can either take dry wipes and the solution in a little bottle or you can presoak the wipes then wring them out and use a small wetbag.

Can't link as on my phone but I bought 40 wipes (double sided terry/fleece) from the nappy lady and they've been great. That's enough for us to use full time, with a couple of extra face cloths/fleece squares for mucky faces and hands. She also has some good wipe solution recipes on her site.

Mostly we just use water, unless he's teething when I add in some baby wash. If he's got any redness, I brew a chamomile and honey tea bag and soak the wipes in that.

Half of our wipes are Nappies By Minki ones which are double sided fleece/terry. The rest are actually just cheap face flannels - five for a quid in Poundland - and these work brilliantly too.

Sometimes I make a wipes solution up with CJ's Carcass Cleaner which smells lovely. But frankly they work just as well with plain old water (nice and easy if you do want to do it out and about as well).

Got to be honest that when I'm out and about I tend to use disposable wipes for convenience, but I don't think it would be that difficult to use the cloth ones if you wanted.

Would definitely recommend terry wipes though as they are great for 'grabbing' the poo rather than just smearing it around.

Hi there

We use nature babies wipes which are double sided fleece/terry and brilliant. Also just use water as seems to do the job. Have about 30 and use out and about as well - we just chuck them in the wet bag with the nappy. Easiest part is that they don't need drying after washing - just stack up and they're ready for use :) will look for website I got them from...

Here's the link [URL="https://www.funkymonkeypants.com/wipes.html"/URL]

I use Cheeky Wipes - not double sided but worth a mention as they are great. I bought the mini kit with an extra pack of wipes. The oil ran out long ago so I just use lavender oil now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->