Cheap Lamaze toys on eBay- real or fake?

Mummy_Claire

Mummy to Theo
Reaction score
I was watching the TV program Fake Britain the other day and they spoke about fake toys entering the UK from abroad which were dangerous because they hadn't passed all of the safety checks.

Episode is here if you are interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01j87gs/Fake_Britain_Series_3_Episode_4/
(parts about toys are at the beginning and then 20 mins in)

Straight away I thought about Lamaze toys on eBay. I use eBay quite a lot and there are loads and loads of Lamaze sellers on there from China/Hong Kong/Japan ect. The stuff on Fake Britain makes me think that they have to be fake, but theirs a part of me that says who am I to judge lol? For all I know these could be real! Has anyone actually bought these? If you have, what's your verdict?

Not sure but I just wanted to add that my OH got a cheap pair of timberland boots from china and they fell apart in days so beware.

I would have thought it sensible to assume that anything coming from China or Hong Kong at an impressive discount on the retail price is a fake.

I bought Jacques the peacock from a cheap Ebay seller and was iffy about it too but figured for $7 I was willing to take the chance. Its actually a nice quality toy. I put quality first especially where the baby is concerned and even now that I have the toy I still can't tell if its a fake. I am tempted to go compare it to ones in Sears, it did't come with any tags on it but is clearly new. It has rich bright colors, assorted textures and fabrics and is very true to the Lamaze brand so even if it was a fake its a very good one.... I also would love to watch that special about the fake toys so I will know more do you have a link for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->