Cheap Meals

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any cheap, easy and quick meals? We do the usual spag bol, lasagne, chilli etc.

Any help is greatly appricated xx

Hmm I'm going back to my Uni days now- ate alot of pasta with broccoli and cauliflower and cheese sauce, Tuna and pasta with sweet corn and a bit of mayo. Lentil curry (lentils cooked in stock and spices with a tin of tomato) and rice or naan. I'll try and think of a few more, not eaten them in a while so not sure how nice it is but it's defo cheap and easy

Only problem I have is a very fussy OH (who the hell doesnt eat rice and pasta?!) and two equally fussy boys :( x

Baked potatoes are easy if you do them in the microwave, or things like sausages, eggs, beans on toast? I hated pasta until I tried the little pasta pocket things with cheese and ham inside them, it's delicious and tastes nothing like normal pasta.

Edit: DF loves fried pork chops (cheap ones) with abit of veggies and mash. I always season the chops with pepper and mustard. It's really easy to do and probably his favorite meal.

Turkey mince, cranberries, spring onion (optional, I have mine without, OH fills his with the vile stuff), egg and breadcrumbs. Et voila, turkey burgers :thumbup:

i'm not good at linking but there's something called panhaggerty (sp), that's like a bacon, potato, carrot and onion bake thing, I haven't made it yet but sounds really nice. It's a shame not liking rice or pasta they're the cheap food staples!!

Chicken stew,

Basics chicken legs -£1.80 approx for four in sainsburys
Bacon, potato, sweet potato, carrots...any other veg you like

Cook it all in a big pot with some chicken stock, water and butter for an hour or two.

Beef stir fry.

Chopped beef, 2 gloves of garlic, 2 peppers, splash of soy sauce, serve with egg/rice noodles.

V xx

Jacket potato - shepherds pie - carbonara - chicken roast, pie, stirfry -stew - meatballs - corned beef hash - sausage & mash - soups - homemade chicken nuggets and chips - fish pie - spaghetti on toast - savoury mince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->