Cheap Pregnancy tests???

BellesMummy

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
I bought a really cheap pregnancy test (99p) and did it the other day. It came back as negative but when i looked at it again a few hours later it looked as if there was a very very faint second line on it!!:shrug: Then looked again an hour or so after that and couldn't see anything!!

I am NTNP but am still BF my DD. Have had no signs of pregnancy other than an increase in CM.:blush:

Does anyone think this could mean i am Pregnant or am i building my hopes up to much?:nope:

I am going to get another pregnancy test as soon as i can (probably not until the weekend though) i want to know now, i'm to impatient!!!:haha:

My friend did exactly the same thing, she bought a cheap one, came up negative and then 1 hour later got a faint line, she kept testing and it turns out she is pregnant, I hope it's the same outcome for you, good luck hun :flower: xx

If the line showed up hours later I wouldn't put too much faith into it as the tests aren't ment to be read after the time limit. However, if I were you I would certainly test again with a FRER or something, just in case! Good luck! :thumbup:

It was probably an evap, a sort of shadow on the area where the positive line would have come up. Did the line have colour in it?

You shoudn't look at a test after the suggested time, because the test in a way expires, and the result shown isn't valid any longer. The cheaper tests aren't necessarily any less sensitive.

I hope the cheap tests are rubbish! I just got a bfn at 14dpo, so i'm pretty sure i'm out now.. but still holding out hope that its because im using bad tests lol

Most tests even say that any results after 10 min or 1 hour or whatever are not to be used. (the Dollar Store tests I bought said not to trust any results that appear after 10 minutes).

If you look at it a few hours later the chances of an evap are alot higher, sorry to say that if it was a pos then the line wouldnt vanish again after.

Get another one and see what happens.

Those test are good to use if you are addicted to peeing on sticks as I am LOL! I use them to see if I *should* go by a better test to confrim.

Also the ones we have locally (new choice) from dollar tree are not to be read before 3 minutes or after 10. This is important because I had a blatantly obviously BFP 2 months ago on one of those tests at about a minute, but it vanished at 3 minutes. I was not pregnant that month.

The cheap 99p ones or the ones you get from oundland are actualy the same batches as what the dr uses so they are just as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->