checking CP/CM.. does that mean we are taking out the sperm?

ajr1990

Reaction score
Sorry a really TMI (and crazy)question but I have been become paranoid about this the last few days. I am worried when I check my CM/CP during the day that I am taking out all the sperm.. Am I!? When I search, ugh google!!, it says they live in fertile cm for up to 5 days until woman ovulation and cervix opens... so wth, when I pull out CM to check I am pulling out all the sperm that is there waiting?!?! :nope:
I never realized that all the sperm go into that area below the cervix, where we check cm/cp.. so I'm scared I pull out the sperm when I check. :nope:

They are actually referring to fertile cm INside the uterus. We see it outside, but it is also inside. They say any sperm tha has not made it thru the cervix in the first hour dies, as it is not an optimal environment in the vag canal

They are actually referring to fertile cm INside the uterus. We see it outside, but it is also inside. They say any sperm tha has not made it thru the cervix in the first hour dies, as it is not an optimal environment in the vag canal

I have no clue, just whatever you pull out when checking CF. Sheesh I feel so dumb lol But I assume you are talking bout the same.
BUT what if your cervix is NOT open until ovulation day, where do all those sperm go "waiting in fertile fluid"??

so do they get through the cervix even when it's 'closed'?

The sperm have to get through your cervix in order to survive. If they do not, they will die within a few hours in the vagina's hostile environment. That's why when a man ejaculates he "shoots". This helps the sperm get as close to their destination as possible... the cervix. Once in the cervix I believe there is a storage type area where the sperm hang out until the egg is released. The sperm that are outside of your cervix are probably already dead so if you pull some out with your finger, you are not reducing your chance of fertility. They cannot get in when your cervix is closed which is why you should BD as close to ovulation as possible. Hope this makes sense :) Sorry for getting a bit graphic lol

They live in the fertile cm INSIDE of ur uterus. It takes then only minutes to swim into ur cervix so unless ur checking ur cervix right after sex then ur fine

Yes they can, and you aren't dumb at all
Think of it as the saying "you can fit 1 million sperm on the head of a pin" lol
They are microscopic in size, and can always get thru what we call a closed cervix, because it is an opening. Even closed, they are small enough to make it through, but with creamy or sticky mucus, they can't advance. Also no egg assures bfn.
A woman who has had children has a cervix that is more open than a woman who hasn't had kids.

Feeling the cervix as "open" is more a sign for us to look for being in the fertile window. What I meant earlier was that What ever our cm is like when we check (outside the uterus) the same type fluid is INside the uterus. That's why a woman can have probs getting pregnant if she never gets watery or ew cm. The sperm are stuck in it like mud. It hinders their mobility, and they die trying to make the trip to the tubes because they only have so much energy. Even creamy cm slows them a great deal. Watery is 2nd best, but thin, and ewcm is optimal because they move easiest in this, and it is just thick enough for them to get past all the fingerlike structures inside the uterus. :spermy: have alot of things to battle to get to that egg lol.
Here's a really cool video that shows how they move thru:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x...x3a-fertilization-x7c-video-babycenter_latino

thanks all! made me feel better so check, totally think ff is full of it. cervix is med and firm. Not not SOFT and high like yesterday :) think I might need to set my own date if it does not get it right.

I agree temps look like cd19 was your day. It's the opk that FF is sticking by. If you only have one +opk it tends to put your line the day after.
I have used over ride in the past a few times. Once you have a few more temps in tho FF may move it to the right day
:dust:

I agree temps look like cd19 was your day. It's the opk that FF is sticking by. If you only have one +opk it tends to put your line the day after.
I have used over ride in the past a few times. Once you have a few more temps in tho FF may move it to the right day
:dust:
I went ahead and marked a + the day before and it gave me the right day. I honestly might of been a + that day anyhow I drank way too water and my line was almost + with urine that was as clear as water

Good deal! I hate when I disagree with where FF says I O. I have to make it look right or it irks me lol But I always O near cd13, so I don't have to adjust much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->