Cheese sticks

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
At long last! The cheese stick recipe. Stan was kind enough to type it out for you girls! We eat them with a jar of pizza sauce that we buy in the store, but I'm sure you can make your own marinara sauce ;) If you really want to

1/3 cup corn starch
2/3 cup flour

1 cup bread crumbs
pizza seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
2 tsp garlic powder

mozzarella cheese

2 eggs
1/4 cup water

In one bowl mix corn starch and flour together. Another bowl mix eggs and water. In a 3rd bowl mix bread crumbs, pizza seasoning and garlic powder together.

Cut mozzarella cheese into strips, about 2 inch long and 1/4 inch thick.

1) Cover mozzarella sticks in the flour mixture.
2) Dip into egg mixture.
3) Shake off excess egg mixture.
4) Roll in bread crumb mixture
5) repeat steps 2 - 4 two times.
6) freeze for at least 1/2hr.
7) Fry in hot olive oil for about 30 seconds or until brown

i think suz...you should bring those on april 19 th...oh and i have a professional deep fryer at christmas!!!

Oohhh boy! I'm making these this weekend. Thanks Vickie/Stan... my DH was just asking today how he'd be able to make them.

:D Stan was happy to do it once I told him you guys wanted the recipe :blush: A little slow getting him to post it, my fault

Hope you enjoy goldlion, let us know how they turn out :D

:wohoo:
:wohoo: I Went Shopping :wohoo:

:wohoo: Gonna make some in a little while :wohoo:

:wohoo: Ill Let you know how they turned out :wohoo:

:wohoo:

Ours are waiting in the freezer :D I can't wait to cook them. I'm going to bring them over to my parents' tonight with the meatballs I made. I think they'll be pleasantly surprised to see mozza sticks. Thanks again, guys. I'll be sure to tell you how they turned out.

yw! I hope you enjoy them!

Have to tell you guys Stan now thinks he's a star on the forum for typing out the recipe :rofl:

Excellent recipe Vickie and Stan! It was a hit with everyone.. especially DH. He made them and now feels like a chef ;) hehe

:headspin: Maybe it will encourage him to cook more often :D

:rofl:

I think hubbies fav part is how crunchy they are. Also they are very flavorfull :happydance:

I'm stupid when it comes to cooking things in oil. What kind of pan do I need? My dad used to have a deep fryer but he moved out of state so I can't borrow it.

I want these SOOO bad now!! They sound delicious!!

Ahh I see. So they don't exactly have to be submerged in the oil to come out all crispy and good?

I used a skillet too. Just flipped them a few times and BAM!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Vickie!
Will try them.. YUM!!!!!!!!!

:happydance: had to find these after reading your thread :rofl:

guess wat im makin later mmmmm thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member