Cheesecake panic!

halullat

Reaction score
Was it safe to eat? It was bought from Waitrose but I don't know if I can eat it and then bf. Sorry, panicking a bit.

I have never heard that you can't eat cheesecake when you are BFing. You can eat whatever you want as long as your LO doesn't have any food intolerances or allergies.
What have you read/heard that makes you concerned about it?

Like above, you can eat it as long as your LO doesn't have a dairy allergy/intolerance

I thought I read something online but I have an anxiety disorder so could have been reading about soft cheese during pregnancy but panicked and didn't take it in properly.

Thank you! Can you eat anything when bfing then? x

Yeah there are no restrictions on bf apart from drinking and i think smoking too but not too sure on smoking. You can have a glass or two of wine but be careful, its the same as drink and drive rule. Like someone said if your lo has dairy allergy then its a problem but other than that your fine.

That's great to know, thank you. I'm avoiding alcohol totally at the minute because it makes me too anxious and luckily I don't smoke so hopefully I can relax somewhat more now x

To add to the above, a lot of store-bought cheesecakes are baked, too, so the cheese is actually cooked and fine to eat even when pregnant.

To add to the above, a lot of store-bought cheesecakes are baked, too, so the cheese is actually cooked and fine to eat even when pregnant.

...plus they're made with pasteurised, Philadelphia type soft cheese so would be fine in pregnancy if not baked too. It's unpasteurised, unprocessed and/or or mould ripened soft cheeses that are risky in pregnancy xx

The cheese is cheesecake is fine in pregnancy or breastfeeding, don't worry. And apart from alcohol and caffeine the food restrictions in pregnancy don't apply to bf.

You can eat what you want when you BF, just limit caffeine unless you want hyperactive baby and limit alcohol. If there are any foods that LO is particularly sensitive to, then limit them for a time and try to introduce them back slowly when LO is older. Otherwise enjoy yourself because you won't get an opportunity to eat like a pig and still lose weight ever again :rofl: (unless you have another baby :winkwink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->