Chemical pregnancies....

hoping for 1

Reaction score
Are there many other women on here who have been through this? I just had a positive pregnancy test yesterday, after tcc for9 months. I was spotting bad for about 10 days, so I went to the dr this morn to make sure everything was ok and heard those dirty words "Chemical Pregnancy" for thefirst time. I'm trying to be hopeful and think positive, at least I know I can get pregnant, but how hard is it after a miscarriage? Is this something I'm prone to now?

Hello. I am sorry you had to go through this. It's heartbreaking as you get so excited after a positive test.

First cycle I had a chemical. A few months after I had a mc at 10 weeks. It was awful, but the fact that I was conceiving kept me going....at the early pregnancy unit they said that the fact I was getting pregnant was a positive sign. Third time lucky I hit the jackpot! I was 39 and gave birth at 40.

One thing I learnt after being open about having a miscarriage is that it is VERY common. It's not something that comes out in conversation, but when it does you hear so many stories about 'someones sister or friend'. However there is always a happy ending!

So just because you have had one chemical, does not mean you will have another one.

Good luck hun. I know how you are feeling, but try and keep positive,

Xx

Hello. I am sorry you had to go through this. It's heartbreaking as you get so excited after a positive test.

First cycle I had a chemical. A few months after I had a mc at 10 weeks. It was awful, but the fact that I was conceiving kept me going....at the early pregnancy unit they said that the fact I was getting pregnant was a positive sign. Third time lucky I hit the jackpot! I was 39 and gave birth at 40.

One thing I learnt after being open about having a miscarriage is that it is VERY common. It's not something that comes out in conversation, but when it does you hear so many stories about 'someones sister or friend'. However there is always a happy ending!

So just because you have had one chemical, does not mean you will have another one.

Good luck hun. I know how you are feeling, but try and keep positive,

Xx

thank you for that. i am hoping for 3rd time lucky like you. i had one end aug/sept and december...

and no, hopingfor1, you've got to get it into your head that it doesn't mean you are prone to miscarrying, it could just be down to shitty luck, but of course it will weigh on your mind. it is hard to relax once it has happened:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you ladies, I needed that. No one I can talk to about all of this, as most my friends are young and healthy with babies. ugh. You make me feel there is hope. Congratulations on your little one. She is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->