Cherry's Parenting Dilemmas

My lo is 23 months and can't put a jigsaw together, i don't think he is slow at all!

I dont think so. Amelie has a similar puzzle but one has 2 pieces, another animal has 3 pieces, then 4, 5 and 6 and shes been able to do the 6 piece one for atleast 6 months and the smaller ones for longer :shrug:

Maybe coco is just slower academically?

Not Coco.. Was talking about the other little girl who was 18 months and doing animal noises.

yes but cherry was shocked cos her lo couldnt?

Just shocked at the parents who put their kids outside. At one point they threatened the LO with bed or outside and it was dark.

She didn't praise at all when her LO ate the food!!! Wah!

I think she did the right thing not praising & making a big deal of it- I never praise for eating or critiscise for not I just let him decide. I don't want food to become an attention gainer or a battle. I was really impressed with how she managed not to react.... & like Blah11 I'm rarely impressed by Cherry! I presumed that she hadn't been starved as such for 11 hours coz there was cleau juice around & I assumed she'd had milk - dunno though?

I really like cherry, her programmes are really interesting. It did show the extremes of different types of parenting which was interesting. I'm not a parent myself but I've always believed in balance and think that maybe a little bit from each "type" would be best.

Didn't like the overly strict parents though, I thought the putting them outside for time out was a bit too extreme and animal-like, what's wrong with a naughty step/corner?

She didn't praise at all when her LO ate the food!!! Wah!

I think she did the right thing not praising & making a big deal of it- I never praise for eating or critiscise for not I just let him decide. I don't want food to become an attention gainer or a battle. I was really impressed with how she managed not to react.... & like Blah11 I'm rarely impressed by Cherry! I presumed that she hadn't been starved as such for 11 hours coz there was cleau juice around & I assumed she'd had milk - dunno though?

I see what you mean, and when it comes to naughty stuff, or not eating then I ignore, but if he eats I praise then hopefully he will do it more often!

I watching this and I thought it was very interesting.

I would be disgusted if my daughter came home in that state!

In regards to the pushy parents I do not agree with it but I have learnt that I do want to teach my child noises and the abc aswell as 123.

I would NEVER smack my child and put them outside I thought that was disgusting!

Ive learnt that every meal I want me, boyfriend and child to sit round the table.

I'm the same Emma I want to teach my future children their abc's and counting, animal noises etc but I think that's more to do with wanting to give them the best start in life and keeping them stimulated, not just pushing them to be successul iykwim. I wouldn't make them take all those extra classes unless they wanted to or needed to and we could afford it, but I'd try to encourage them to get into sports or music or something as long as it was something they themselves wanted to get involved in.

I agree the strict parents were OTT.
However, would you prefer to use 'tough love' and know that your children are safe, secure and successful. Rather than a pot smoking drunk whom you have no idea where they are or what they are doing. Coming to the attention of the Police and treating your Mother like dirt?

im so glad someone else noticed the spoonfeeding thing!!
i didnt think any of them had it completely right at all,
and i was so shocked at the strict parents i thought that was awful! i dont even lock my dog outside at night, so why would i do it with my daughter?!

I wouldnt lock my dog out either, how did they even come up with that concept??

idk it does worry me when you see things like that happening, i know lyss is younger but sometimes she just needs some cuddles and comfort x

I don't think the strict parents were that terrible; though I do think putting the kids outside is a bit much and it looked like some of the smacking was done in anger as a spur of the moment thing. Lap dancing mum has all the wrong priorities IMHO, I can only imagine she had a deprived childhood. And as for Cherry spoon feeding her kid what looks like blended up stuff you'd put on the compost heap and then wondering why she doesn't want it, I have no words. All mine were eating 'proper' meals by themselves with cutlery at that point! Overprotective mum has messed up her kids; I am protective of my boys and don't let them play out of my sight and they do know there are 'bad' people out there but nowhere near like that :(. Pushy mum reminds me of someone I know xx

why doesnt she give her normal food that they both eat at the same time? shes prob wondering why mummy isnt eating! by 8 months toby was eatin what we ate just chopped up!
the lapdancing woman children were so spoilt they wernt even bothered when they had new stuff.
the teenager is awful i wasnt like that at 14!! 16 maybe!
kids grow up waayy too fast! x

Would not want to be that teenager's mum! Horrible child!!! I know all teenagers arn't like that, are they?!!!

I like the idea of home schooling my LO :o)

I was worse :shock: My poor mother! Dreading the teenage years...

i really really like cherry healey! she reminds me of myself haha :blush:

I didnt like the strict parents at all,however i do think they want the best for there children unlike some of these chav parents in the papers atm with there kids looting!

HATED the lap dancer . . . stupid woman shes got it soo wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->