Chest Clips on Infant Car Seat Carriers

Could anyone explain to me what they're all about? I've noticed they seem to be standard in the US. I've never seen a car seat sold here with them so I'm curious! :huh:

You won't (or shouldn't) see them in Europe because they are illegal.

https://5pointplus.com/no-wonder-chest-clips-on-car-seats-are-illegal/

X

That article doesnt have any thing to really back up its claims.

While I understand the worry of them on internal organs when placed incorrectly, IF the parent reads the manual, every manual explains clearly where it should be placed. Thats how I knew where it goes.

IF the parent chooses not to read the manual, theres biger issues then just the chest piece not being correctly positioned...the entire car seat could be wrong!

The amount of times Ive seen people with one car seat, read the manual "know how to do it"...buy a different car seat for second child, DONT read the manual because surely it cant be that different from the first right? and then have installed it incorrectly, reclined too far/not enough, seatbelt put through the wrong hole, LATCH clipped onto wrong place. straps no tucked into their slots correctly..

Im happy to have the chest pieces on both the car seats i have, they dont cause the straps to be looser, i always make sure they are at armpit level (as does hubby). every couple of weeks (we only use the truck once or twice in 2 weeks) we test the seat to make sure it hasnt come loose and tighten anything we need to, we take it out completely once a month to clean and completely reseat it to make sure its completely snug again.

Thats something else I hardly know of other parents doing. :nope:

Could anyone explain to me what they're all about? I've noticed they seem to be standard in the US. I've never seen a car seat sold here with them so I'm curious! :huh:

You won't (or shouldn't) see them in Europe because they are illegal.

https://5pointplus.com/no-wonder-chest-clips-on-car-seats-are-illegal/

X

That article doesnt have any thing to really back up its claims.

While I understand the worry of them on internal organs when placed incorrectly, IF the parent reads the manual, every manual explains clearly where it should be placed. Thats how I knew where it goes.

IF the parent chooses not to read the manual, theres biger issues then just the chest piece not being correctly positioned...the entire car seat could be wrong!

The amount of times Ive seen people with one car seat, read the manual "know how to do it"...buy a different car seat for second child, DONT read the manual because surely it cant be that different from the first right? and then have installed it incorrectly, reclined too far/not enough, seatbelt put through the wrong hole, LATCH clipped onto wrong place. straps no tucked into their slots correctly..

Im happy to have the chest pieces on both the car seats i have, they dont cause the straps to be looser, i always make sure they are at armpit level (as does hubby). every couple of weeks (we only use the truck once or twice in 2 weeks) we test the seat to make sure it hasnt come loose and tighten anything we need to, we take it out completely once a month to clean and completely reseat it to make sure its completely snug again.

Thats something else I hardly know of other parents doing. :nope:

Honestly- I have no idea how to use a chest clip because they are illegal in Europe as they are not deemed as safe. We have different straps etc- if kids can get their arms out then the link shows something that OP can buy to prevent that. Chest clips that you can buy and attach yourself are also illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->