Chicken pox exposure

Anngie60

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My sister rang me this morning, her 8month old has woken up covered in spots, definately chicken pox!

I saw her two days ago when she came over my house, wondering how likely it is that my 6 month old baby is going to get it? Then of course it will spread to my two boys!

I'm 6w 4d, I have had chicken pox when I was younger so hopefully immune.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience, I should be ok if all the kids get it shouldn't i? And how likely is it baby girl will get it?

Thanks!

Yes probably likely that your children will get it.
You should be immune so fine but phone your midwife just in case xx

The chicken pox virus is in you for something like 2 weeks before you come out in spots. You should be alright if you have had them before. My son got them last year and he had them bad! And my daughter got them (she was only 10wks old) but my nephew caught them off my son but my neice never so your little one may get them it's 50/50 really xx

Hi there,

I'm sure you'll be fine. My little boy has had a run of illnesses since November. It's been non-stop! He's had HFMD, a really bad cold/flu, chicken pox and norovirus. It's been realy tough!

He caught chicken pox over Christmas (must have caught it the week before when he was at nursery, but it came out over Christmas - the scabs on his spots are still fading even now). I cuddled him day and night and was as exposed to it as you could be, but I never caught it from him. I had it as a child as well, so it was highly unlikely I would get it again. I read up a lot on it and even if you do catch it in pregnancy, the risk when you're in first trimester is quite slim. There is an added risk of birth defects, but it's only by a few percent.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you're worried, call your GP and ask for some advice?

Good luck!

x

Thanks girls for your replies!!

Squirrel, your poor little boy that was a real run of bad luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back