chicken pox scars

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
Ok so I know I'm probably overreacting by worrying about this but I'm really upset.

My LO was amazing when she had chicken pox despite having a lot. She barely scratched at all and never touched the ones on her face. However once they were scabbed over she had two big ones on her face one in the corner of her eye and on right in the middle of her forehead. The scabs got knocked off of them early the eye one isn't too bad but the one right in the middle of her forehead is horrendous it's like a crater.

She's so beautiful and this thing is marring her gorgeous face, I just went through all her christmas pictures and all I can see is this hole in the middle of her forehead it's horrible. She hasn't really noticed but my mum keeps going on about it and she's given me bio oil to use to help the scaring, but I'm just so worried that it's so noticeable if it was anywhere else even on her hairline it wouldn't be such a big deal but it's glaringly obvious is there anything I can do to help get rid of it. She gets really self conscious about things and I don't want someone saying something to her about it because even if they don't mean it horribly it really effects her.

My son's got a scar too on his face it's not too bad though bless him I hope it gets a bit less noticable but I'm.not sure it will. My other son has a massive scar where he split his head open lol so I'm.hoping.that goes down.too. I think the chicken pox ones will fade in time though

Well, I used to have a couple of small scars in my face from chickenpox as a kid - they were very minor then, and I haven't noticed them in ages now as an adult. Of course, I have no idea what they looked like when I first had the illness, as I was only 4...so I suspect they faded quite a bit (I just checked in the mirror, the one on my chin is still visible, the other one only when I make certain faces, and then I can see it only because I know it's there. Soooo, she'll likely always have a visible scar there, but unless she scars poorly (I heal well), it will fade a lot). I've never heard of anything that gets rid of scars objectively (and I'd worry it would actually interfere with the healing process), and any treatment success is hard to distinguish from the natural healing - as far as I know, it's mostly genetics about how you scar.

If your daughter is self-conscious, first thing to do is tell your mum to stop talking about it!!

How long ago was it? I thought my daughter was scarred for life after chickenpox but the marks went away eventually - some lasted 6 months or so. And I had a big pock mark over each eye from chickenpox, my parents jokingly called them my antenna! They had disappeared at least by my teens, possibly much earlier.

How long ago was it? I thought my daughter was scarred for life after chickenpox but the marks went away eventually - some lasted 6 months or so. And I had a big pock mark over each eye from chickenpox, my parents jokingly called them my antenna! They had disappeared at least by my teens, possibly much earlier.

It wasn't long ago about a month. She still has discoloured spots where her other chickenpox were which I know will definitely disappear I just worry about the one on her forehead because it's an actual indent in her skin

It will get smaller and fade. Everyone had some small pox scars. If it bothers her she can have a fringe.

Hopefully it'll be a good few years before she's bothered by how she looks and comparing herself to others. Hopefully never

It'll hopefully be less obvious in time, mine were indents but they were gone before my teens - I was about 8 when I had chickenpox. Like pp says if it does bother her she could always have a fringe.

My sons had that in June and one of them has blotches on him but fading, I see one or two scars on others but not noticeable now and they never scratched. So that was about 6 months ago. My second son and third had more of them and hasnt a mark on him now. They will go, I hear bio oil is good.

My youngest got the pox pritty bad, was covered & the main big one on his face he scratched & he fell & banged it.

He had a big crater on his head, it scared. But it has faded over time. It's been 14 months since he had the pox & it's hardly noticeable now. He has quite bad scaring on his back too where he scratched but they only tend to be visible in the summer when he starts getting a tan.

I'd say just leave it for now, tell your mum to stop making a big deal out of it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->