Chicken...

HGLyman

MOMofONE
Reaction score
Help! I am in major need of some new recipes that included chicken. I am trying to stay away from red meat, and I feel like all of my chicken recipes have worn out their welcome in our home. My FI is in need of something new! I will take ANYTHING!! Casseroles, bakes, bbq, sandwiches, marinates, salads, ANYTHING!

ok I love cooking with chicken.. a couple of my personal faves>

homemade chicken kievs
(google for recipe)

Chicken and Broccolli bake
(diced chicken, sliced leeks and chopped onions fried in pan to cook. Boil broccolli til semi soft.. then add all to casserole flat dish stir in some cheese sauce granuals, little salt pepper to taste, maybe some herbs, top off with sliced potato and cook in oven for 40 mins covered with foil at 170. then remove foil, sprinkle grated cheese turn oven to 220 and a further 10 mins)

Chicken and Bacon parcels

(defrost 2 chicken breasts and lay each one between two bits of cling film. Bash with a rolling pin to tenderise and flatten chicken. lay out two quite large bits of foil, rub with a little butter and sprinkle on some pepper. lay out two rashers of bacon touchong not leaving gaps trying to make a square as a shape as possible. Lay the chicken breast on top of the bacon. Then add a filling (fry up onions, leeks, mushrooms, chopped up carrots, steamed broccolli anything.. with some pepper) you can add a little strip of the filling to on tp at one end of the chicken breast then roll up. Using the foil to keep the chicken packed tight as you roll. Oven 180 for 35-40 mins. last 5 mins of cooking unwrap hot foil parcels and let outer bacon layer brown off)

BBQ Flavoured Chicken

Just two breasts with a squirt of BBQ Table Sauce over and wrapped in foil oven cook on 180 for 30 mins

Chicken fillings for random dishes
Chopped chicken, onions and mushrooms can be a base for any chicken dish really.

add spice packet mix for fajitas serve in tortilla wraps
add chinese or indian sauce in a jar serve with rice for tasty quick dishes
add cooked pasta and butter, topped with grated cheese in oven for Chicken pasta bake.
serve with garlic bread.

Hope some of these help. :o)
I dont work off recipes, just make it up as I go along when in the kitchen, they always turn out better!

Thank you so much!! I had already planned on doing Fajitas tonight, but this is has helped! I have never heard of chicken kievs? I googled it, and they look delicious!!

maybe the US calls them something different? :shrug:
just chicken breast in breadcrumbs with a garlic butter filling. :p YUM

I make easy mash topped chicken pie stirfry some chicken and veg of choice put in a oven proof dish pour over some campbells condensed soup chicken flavour and then put mash potato on top and grated cheese cook in the oven for about 30mins.

I'd be making chicken curry, cut into chunks and add curry paste or powder, top up with yoghurt or coconut milk, add any veggies you want and simmer til all cooked - serve with rice.

I also like making chicken and veg stir-fry, with noodles or rice.

I quite often roast a whole chicken and make a meal from that. Then I'll strip off the leftover chicken and make a risotto with it the next day, and boil the carcass to make stock or soup.

Also I mix mascarpone (or normal cream) cheese with herbs, stuff that into a chicken breast, wrap with parma ham or bacon and bake for 20-30 mins.

Fry a whole chicken breast and bacon lardons together until cooked through and browned, add some frozen peas, cooked pasta and a tablespoon of cream, mix, put lid on and simmer for 5 mins.

Can't think of any more right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->