Child anxious at being dropped off at swim /Gymn even though I'm staying

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
My daughter is 6 and just in the past few weeks she has become clingy and teary when she goes swimming, she has been swimming since she was 3 nd i stay and she can see me through the window.

She has just started Gymnastics after being on a waiting list for ages

The first week she was as happy as larry and practised gymnastics all week

then we went again and she got wobbly and clingy

My other daughter did this and out grew it and now cant recall it at all!!

Shes not going to drop either of these as she loves them once her initial 2 min anxieties

any tips to make it through these wobbles they are short and she is clearly happy shortly after

going to try and get oh to do one and see what happens

all advice gratefully received

My boy is the same, I just ignore it, he also clings to me when I drop him to school although he's been in the same school for the 3rd year now & he knows every single person there.

I ask him to take 3 deep breathes, I give him a kiss & let him run to start his session. Once he joins in he is fine.

I'd worry about it if he clearly doesn't enjoy it, but he is fine & he loves his classes.

He goes to swimming & basketball, when he used to go to swimming he was fine and he didn't use to panic before class when he started to go to private lessons with his friend, he generally panics in classes with larger number of children.

It also has to do with his abilities, he goes to a mental math class, as he is a high achiever in math, he runs to class with no issues.

I also found that he's much better when I'm not around, when he sees us around he gets more self conscious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->