Child with cancer

LittlePants

Reaction score
Does anyone know what time off work parents are entitled to, if they have a young child diagnosed with cancer please? My grandson has just been diagnosed, and I know this is going to need masses of time off work over the next year, and haven't a clue whether there are any benefits or suchlike.
Would be grateful if anyone has any experience of similar issues.
Thanks

Does anyone know what time off work parents are entitled to, if they have a young child diagnosed with cancer please? My grandson has just been diagnosed, and I know this is going to need masses of time off work over the next year, and haven't a clue whether there are any benefits or suchlike.
Would be grateful if anyone has any experience of similar issues.
Thanks

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...s/Parentalleaveandflexibleworking/DG_10029416

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CaringForSomeone/CarersAndEmployment/DG_4000206

sorry to hear this :hugs:

hope these webistes help with the advice that you need

also the CAB will have more info

:hugs:
x

Sorry i came across your thread and just had to say thinking of you all at this difficult time :hugs: xx

Thanks for the links MrsRH. He is 7, so the first one doesn't apply, but the second one is helpful, and may give us some ideas. My son and his wife are both teachers, so that may help.
It's such a horrid thing to have to cope with, for the whole family, and we are too far away to be able to help much, as we are both working as well, and it's 180 miles away.

Thanks everyone. His results have been as good as we could possibly h[e for. The tumour was very small, and has been completely removed. It's a very rare one - only 6 cases in Europe! His scan and bone marrow r=tests have come back clear. he is starting 7 month of light chemo next week, and the prognosis is excellent. They expect a full recovery. My DIL is working 4 days a week,so they are going to tie in his treatments woth her day off, and hopefully that will help a lot.

So thanks eveyrone, and fingers crossed, that he won't be too ill during the chemo.

Hogs much appreciated!

:hugs:
so glad that its as good a news as possible :hugs:

I have no advice hun but i wanted to say i am thinking of you all at this difficult time, your post looks very positive though thats excellent xxxxx :hugs: xxxx

Haven't got any advice but came across your thread and wanted to send hugs for you, your family and your grandson at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->