Children born to older mothers have a better start in life???

So what about the 30 something's mums are they half good/half crap ?:haha:
Everyone does articles and everyone has opinions that will never change. Generalizing is for the most part is just ignorant.

I am 23 I was pregnant with my daughter 19 and j would agree older mums are more likely to have it together but not nesserally a better mum but also I think it's also upbringing and experiences.

Reading it again I'm not sure the points are a good thing x percent less likely to visit A&E, that doesn't mean kids to older mums dont get hurt they just might not get taken to A&E!

The daily fail are always bashing parenting, if you arnt a loaded millionaire high profile hard working woman in your 40s 50s or over then you are some sort of outlaw that shouldn't do this and that or breath the same air as them. Even breastfeeding mums cant win in there.

Remember, guys -- this is the Daily Mail, aka the Daily Doomsday! If you listen to them, no woman over 40 would even get pregnant (as they all result in mc, etc)....I do think I'M a better parent at age 44 than I would be at age 24 as I have been able to deal with a lot of family issues over the years to resolve teenage angst, etc., and have loads more patience, etc, but at any age, you can be a fantastic parent, etc....(and the reverse, I suppose!).

best wishes (from an oldster!)

Its rubbish! You get good and bad in all ages. Sometimes I think the Daily Mail just publish controversial stuff for the public reaction! Don't take any notice of it, they really can't make generalisations like that :dohh:

I have not read the article, but I guess it is generalising as usual.

However, someone in their late 20's/30's might be more likely to

-have their own home
-a secure job
-a secure relationship
-savings
-a better education.......
than someone in their late teens I guess??

The above things are important but are not essential to be a good parent....they might make it easier to get by.

Hmm...well, I think they are more likely to have a better start in life. They are more likely to have had the opportunity to go to college, get a degree, own a house, started a savings account, etc. than a teen/younger mom.

If I had to adopt my daughter out to a loving teen mother who was too young to accomplish all of the above vs. a loving older mother who has had the opportunity to do all of the above, I'd choose the latter.

I am an older mom...37. My mom had me at 17. We were very poor. :(. But, I know a couple younger moms who are fab moms. Money isnt everything anyways. Its helpful, I am sure anyone would agree, but the younger moms (mid 20's) that I know...have money, AND are good moms. Its just a generalization they have made to stir the pot.

I think it works both ways in all honesty,

i had my eldest at 26 and my youngest at 30 - falling pregnant at 25 i felt really young, hardly anyone i knew had children but some younger mum's think 25 is old!!!! its crazy lol.......... i dont feel like an older parent at all, The majority of my friends have had babies late 20's - 30's i dont really know many young mothers.

meeting the right person etc also contributes if i had babies with my abusive/cheating ex who i was with from 18-22 my life would be on a totally different path now............i think when its meant to be it will be and any person any age can be a good parent.

I would support my daughters whatever age they fell pregnant but if i could choose i would rather them become parents around their 30's..........because personally i dont see the rush at all.

what do you expect from the daily fail??

there are pros and cons to both, I couldn't bring myself to read the whole article but does it mention the increase in risks and reduction in fertility that come with waiting? my mum had me at 30 and I'm not sure it would have made too much of a difference, she was in a good position financially a lot younger but she waited until she was ready in the relationship.

I am a young mum myself at 21, and while planned a small part of me wished I had waited until I finished university, however I am glad I did try when I did because I would have never found out about an underlying health problem, realistically I won't be getting pregnant past 30. I do think overall waiting until you are ready in all aspects of life is best, jobs, relationships and health can all fail but if you prepare yourself as much as possible you have things to fall back on without returning to square 1.

i had it both ways, i had my first at 24, so i felt i had the energy for a little one! i loved being a "young" mom. but i had my second at 30, and i feel being an "older" mom, makes me wiser! being a mom at any age is amazing, doesnt matter how old you are, as long as you love and take care of your babes!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->