Children knowing you're pregnant

Nicole_E

Reaction score
I've always heard my grandmother tell me if you are constantly being surrounded by children (when you are not normally), chances are you are pregnant and they know about it.

I work with infants and toddlers in a childcare center so I'm around them all the time. But lately I've noticed, especially with the little infants, that ALL of them gather around me when I'm sitting on the floor and ALL of them need to be touching me in some kind of way (NOTHING INAPPROPRIATE!). For example, there will be a hand on my stomach, thigh, leg, etc. from all of them lol.

Could they somehow know I'm pregnant? What are some thoughts on this "Old Wives Tale?"

Maybe they can sense something or we give off a scent. I remember my LO was going through a phase when it was impossible for anyone to get a cuddle off her and my friend who she didn't know called around with her LO who she was still BFing. My LO went straight up and snuggled up to her for a good while, I couldn't believe it!

Maybe you are slightly more motherly without realizing it and they are comforted by it?

I think children know. My nephew Ernie who was 3 at the time told me I had a baby in my belly. Two days later I found out I did! Might have just been a coincidence but its not something he would normally say! Xx

I remember being able to tell when my teachers were pregnant. Like, before they looked pregnant or anything. I think that lasted til I was about 7.

My 8 yr old in my last preg in 2011 told everyone my mummy's having a baby if course they wud mention it and I wud say no but turned out she was right coincidence or wishful thinking I don't know

My two year old niece patted my belly and said baba and my friends 4year old twins rubbed my belly when I was 20weeks I didn't start showing till 26weeks!! Children are super clued in!

Honestly, one reason that I broke down and took a pregnancy test early this time around (after months of doing so and being disappointed, and swearing I wouldn't that cycle) was because my toddler was suddenly all about hugging my tummy. She'd never done that before, but she does all the time now.
1383654_10153454970755347_1700394780_n.jpg
^^that's my current FB cover photo, taken this morning! :haha:

I was recently pregnant (sadly I lost it) and I didn't tell my 3 year old but I really think she knew. She talked about having a little sister and about me having a baby inside.

I tend to think this is an old wives' tale. My LO certainly doesn't seem to show any signs of being aware I'm pregnant. I don't think children can 'sniff out' babies in some way that adults can't. They're just small humans, not bloodhounds.

I've noticed children (esp babies) staring at me when I'm around them since I've been pregnant and believe me, I was eyeing those babies before so I can really notice a difference. I'm a huge hippy though and think everyone puts off energy and that energy must change when you get pregnant and I think babies and children notice. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->