chin hair anyone?

Janie66

Husband Dave,2 daughters
Reaction score
I know this is no related TTC, but I am getting more and more dark coarse chin and now (new symptom) upper lip hair , are any of you ladies suffering with this, what has your GP done for you regarding it or any self help advice? Im just plucking it now, did try the electric treatment you get in beauty shops few years back, cant remeber the correct name right now, but it didnt gel with me, too painful and left me with marks on my chin. But funny thing was, my GP asked me do I have more hair in certain places, when I was chatting to him 2 weeks back, due to a weird menstrual cycle I was having, he asked also is my hair falling out more, and getting thinner, which it is too, so I asked him why the questions , he said hes going to do full bloods work done once I have had my internal scan done, hes going to check for PCOS along with other stuff, so now all ive been doing is googlerling this, and I may well have it, but I had an internal scan last year and they said my ovaries were ok then,plus my cycles are usually regular, so its very confusing as to why my GP wants to see if I may have PCOS (poly cycstic ovaries).

I was going to say the same thing, that pcos can cause hirsuteness as a symptom. Sounds like your Doc is on the ball, which is good. I hope he can sort it out for you.

I know this is no related TTC, but I am getting more and more dark coarse chin and now (new symptom) upper lip hair , are any of you ladies suffering with this,
But funny thing was, my GP asked me do I have more hair in certain places, when I was chatting to him 2 weeks back, due to a weird menstrual cycle I was having, he asked also is my hair falling out more, and getting thinner, which it is too
hes going to check for PCOS along with other stuff

He might be looking for hypothyroidism as well.

:thumbup:

I'm betting the "other stuff" he's testing for will be your thyroid levels...coarse hair in unexpected places, weird cycles and thinning hair....not just confined to PCOS symptoms :winkwink:

I'd actually say that PCOS is very ttc related! And yeah I think your doc is right on the money by wanting to do those tests. Hair on your face/chin/chest means more male hormones are being produced by your body then normal. I had NO idea that was the cause prior to being diagnosed for pcos, but there you go.

I'm in the midst of getting tested for everything and have to get my chin and upper lip (along with brows) waxed every eight weeks. Plucking isn't good enough anymore :(. This has happened in my 30s.

Thanks for all the responces, I have been decorating in my home, hence why I am only just replying, well I have my scan date, 7th Dec, I am kinda nervous about it, mainly due to being embaressed by it all and little scared what they may find :( also this montly cycle, i have had lots of ewcm, for 3 days long now, but today it was tinged with old blood, which is now worrying me again because I am thinking af is going to come early again, like it did last month, I am only on CD20, last month my af came on CD17, I never come on that early, usually I am regular, roughly 28-30 days, why my af was so early last month is beyound me, my gp said could be a one off but could mean lots of reasons, hence my scan and blood work after the scan results come back. All this and xmas around the corner, god the stress. XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->