Chiropractor during pregnancy..

aknqtpie

Mommy to 1
Reaction score
What are others experiences on going to a chiropractor in the first trimester? I have a spot in my lower back that is just really kinked and hurts... I can feel it down my leg if I step at the right spot. I made an appointment for Monday, because it was the soonest they could get me in... plus I wanted to confirm with my OB who I will be seeing tomorrow that this is okay.

My questions is have any of you gone to see one during pregnancy? What was your experience?

I couldn't have survived my pregnancy without my chiropractor!

I've seen mine last week. Also had a sore spot on my back and she told me it was a sprained muscle. My GP told me chiropractors are fine when you pregnant.

I was in a car wreck right before getting pregnant and it really messed up my neck, so I have already been several times this pregnancy. Just tell them you are pregnant and you should be good to go.

I'd go to a physiotherapist. They're better trained.

I can't wait to see mine!
Also, adjusting your pelvis is great all through pregnancy to have everything aligned when baby is ready to come!

I started seeing a chiropractor when I was pregnant with DS, about 20 weeks I developed a terrible pain down one leg that kept me from walking. Fixed it right up, I saw him all through my pregnancy and now my whole family see him regularly.

My doctor said that it was fine, but if I kept having back issues she would rather send me to a physical therapist.

Yeah. If you look into the "science" and background of chiropracty, it gets hinky and woo-woo *real* fast. Which is not to say it doesn't help people. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Manipulations *can* heal back problems. I would just trust someone who is medically trained in a scientific sense. Especially if I was pregnant! The last thing you want is a hurt back during this time of your life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->