Chosen our name but being put off...

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Our first son is called Kane and this time around I loved Zachary, Zach for short.

We decided on this around Christmas and now a few people have made the connection of the Emmerdale family :dohh: I dont watch soaps so didnt even know and its starting to really put me off the name :nope: when people ask they say its a lovely name and goes nicely with our first sons they dont make the connection and my mum will butt in and call them the dingle brothers, really annoyed me...

So do I keep the name and put up with the possible laughs or choose another :(

I really love it. I think Kane and Zachary / Zach sound really nice together.
I wouldn't let it put you off x

I don't watch it so wouldn't have made the connection. It's a lovely name so I'd say go for it! That's the main reasons we haven't told any family etc our name choices as once the baby is here its harder for people to make comments about their names. X

Definitely keep the name. I don't watch Emmerdale so wouldn't kbow the connection. Once your Zach is born then they will consider him as Zach and not a tv character.
X

Thanks everyone :flower: wishing we had kept it to ourselves now so like you said comments cant be made and start to be off putting x

I dont watch it but automatically know its the name of 2 of the main dingles in emerdale just from the odd time its been on in peoples houses/waiting rooms etc...

my son is also called Cain... if you want to avoid dingle names then avoid biblical names as they all have biblical names I think (charity, chastity, Kain, Zack, Samson etc...)

I do watch Emmerdale but didn't make the connection until you said it.

Keep the name :)

Haha, I think we're using Zachary for a boy. One of the main reasons is that we know no one with the name. I dont watch emmerdale, but now you mention it...haha. it doesnt bother me though....ignore them when they say anything to do with the dingles! And plus its unlikely the children at school would of seen emmerdale so I dont see the problem! If you like it, go with it! Xxx

Mummymoo just seen your sig, we were thinking of Christopher for a middle name too lol!! :haha: after my OH. I know a few Zachs, but I find its a name thats not heard that often x

Haha really! What are the chances? Christopher is after my grandad :) I was 100% using the name and as Christopher is such a strong type name I thought of Zac which is short and cute but ages well! (In my opinion) then chose Zachary as a full name..would probably use Zac on a daily basis though! Xx

I love the name Zachary, and I think it goes well with Kane. I've never even heard of the show that you're referring to, haha! So I say go with Zachary. Or if it's really bothering you, you could use the Zachary alternative name- Zachariah (Zach-uh-ry-uh).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->