Christmas Day

Solitaire

Reaction score
Were looking forward to our first family Christmas together. 😀

What's everybody having for their Christmas Day lunch?

We're having ;
Prawn cocktail

Turkey, mash, roast potatoes, winter veg, stuffing, sprouts and gravy.

Trifle and mince pies

Cheese and biscuits.

We're going to the mil's for Christmas lunch so luckily I won't have to cook. I imagine we'll have a traditional meal with turkey and all the trimmings. We're having Christmas morning at home though and won't need to leave until about half 1 so I think it's the best of both worlds for lo's first christmas. I can't wait and get butterflies when I think about it :)

I'm doing two starters because sisters bf is a fussy get lol so it's...

Chicken liver parfait or chicken goujons

Traditional turkey with pigs in blankets, stuffing, veg and cauliflower cheese.

Christmas pudding

Cheese board

Can't wait! I love food :-D

Mmm love xmas dinner and this year im going to enjoy as come jan 31st at 12 oclock the diet begins :p haha x

We are having our first Christmas just us as a family. So just the four of us all day. We both hate turkey and we have roasts most Sunday so we are making it a bit more special for xmas.

We will be having bacon sarnies for brekkie.

Lunch we will have soup or something

And for dinner we are having Venison steaks, hasselback potatoes and veg and a couple of glasses of red wine (Harrison will probably have some of this food, but to be honest maybe cook him up a chicken breast instead)

Pud will be mince pies and cream and baileys...mmmm.

We're going to the mil's for Christmas lunch so luckily I won't have to cook. I imagine we'll have a traditional meal with turkey and all the trimmings. We're having Christmas morning at home though and won't need to leave until about half 1 so I think it's the best of both worlds for lo's first christmas. I can't wait and get butterflies when I think about it :)

Perfect! I wish I didn't have to cook ha

Don't do starters, so it'll be traditional turkey with roasties, veg and pigs in blankets followed by warm mince pies. Yummy.

We don't have starters and the like. This year we're having a big chicken and all the trimmings. Maybe some millionaire's cheesecake afterwards :)

We're having dinner with Hubby's parents, and have no idea what it'll be other than it being non traditional christmas dinner as mil just doesn't like cooking proper roast dinners. We'll be having a proper one with pawn cocktail, turkey dinner and xmas pudding at my mum's on Boxing day :D

we have 20 on that so its spread amongst us.......

canopes and drinks to start

roast turkey/beef ham and all the trimmings

i have made xmas pud and 3 other surprise puddings will be brought

cheese and biscuits

man am so excited............................not long now

Chocolate orange for breakfast obviously!!

Dinner were having roast pork and all the traditional trimmings, I'm not doing a turkey as don't particularly like it and they're so expensive. We're going in holiday day after Boxing Day so don't want too many leftovers but pudding will be Christmas pud and brandy butter. There will be a lot of cheese around too, Stilton, Brie etc

And the thousands of chocolates the kids get bought too!!

My diet will officially start in the new year too lol!

We're spending Christmas morning in ours and will have a breakfast of bagels with smoked salmon and horseradish creme fraiche with champagne, then lunch at my parents' which will be turkey, potatoes, carrot and swede, sprouts, stuffing, Cumberland sausage and crispy bacon. For dessert there'll be mince pies, Christmas pudding and Christmas cake followed by cheese, coffee, brandy and chocolates!

I'm so excited as last year I was pregnant so couldn't eat nice cheese or have any mulled wine, wine, champagne or sherry!

I'm going home to my mums with lo and oh is going to his mum (only live 5 mins apart).
We will have
Roast Turkey and honey glazed ham with mash, roast pots, cauliflower cheese, brussell sprouts with bacon, stuffing and gravy.
For dessert we will have trifle, chocolate almond tart or christmas cake.
We'll have cheese board later in the evening.
I can't wait!!

Mmm love xmas dinner and this year im going to enjoy as come jan 31st at 12 oclock the diet begins :p haha x

You mean December 31st? lol

We'd not really thought of having a starter. I'm sure we'll be rolling from the main course and dessert!

We're having :

Turkey, sprouts with chestnuts, roast parsnips, carrots, beetroot, red cabbage with apple, sweetcorn, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, gravy, apple sauce, cranberry sauce, mint sauce, and pigs in blankets.

Dessert :
choice of cheesecake and fruit salad.

Later :
mince pies with drinks

Roast duck, stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sweetcorn (dd requested it -___-), pigs in blankets, yorkshire puddings, cauliflower cheese and gravy.

Afters: chocolate cake with brandy cream and ice cream.

Nom nom nom :munch:

p.s. My wii fit plus came today. Will be using on 01/01/14 :kiss:

Edit: A few glasses of prosecco whilst cooking

I'm so excited! 1 week from now it will be christmas!

My question is - how do you all fit starters in? That said we're a 2 puddings plus cheese board kind of family!

We're having smoked salmon mousslets (salmon mousse wrapped in smoke salmon) served with a small salad and mini hovis loaves (got the mini tins last year!)

For the big event were having turkey with all the trimmings

For dessert neither of us are big on christmas puds so I'm doing chocolate puddings with a melted chocolate goo inside.

We're starting LO off on purée next week so I think she'll have carrot :)

Christmas is going to be a family thing this yar, well go and see the nannas etc in the morning but the afternoon will be just us.

I've also got a bottle of winter pimms for me and OH to have in the evening!

fun thread!

for our house: ham, rolls, green bean casserole, pasta salad, cherry dump cake :)

can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->