Starters, usually seafood or melon

Turkey
Pigs in blankets
Sage and onion stuffing
Chestnut and cranberry stuffing
Roast potatoes
Roast parsnips
Veg - sprouts, broccoli, carrots, peas

I'm veggie, so usually have something like a veggie Wellington. I'd also like potato gratin and red cabbage this year.

Bucking the trend this year and I'm doing a buffet, I know, shocking :)

Have ordered a load of waitrose entertaining food so I don't really have to do anything either :)

Going out on boxing day for the normal Christmas Day type lunch so decided we didn't want it two days in a row!

Turkey
Pigs in blankets
Roast potatoes
Stuffing
Roast parsnips and carrots
Peas, Sprouts and Broccoli
Yorkshire puddings (my son's fav)
Cranberry sauce

I'll also cook a ham and a joint of beef so we can have cold meats at tea time/boxing day.

OMG I've been dying for the opportunity to share mine for ages! I like to go all out, especially on the veg, which is a hangover from growing up mostly vegetarian. I haven't yet done a Christmas dinner alone, but I've done plenty of roasts and my Christmas dinner list (I have one on my phone lol) is basically my Sunday roast list with a few added extras. It is extremely OTT, but if you can't go mental at Christmas then when can you? Plus you need loads of leftovers for the bubble and squeak the next day!

So:

Turkey crown or a big ol' chicken
Pigs in blankets
Stuffing
Yorkshire puddings (inappropriate or not, these are essential - we hate beef but love Yorkies, so why miss out?!)
Roast potatoes
Roast onions
Honey roast parsnips and tricolour carrots
Mashed potato
Carrot and swede mash
Cauliflower cheese
Purple sprouting broccoli
30,000 sprouts
Savoy and white cabbage (can't choose a fave so having both)
Green beans
Peas
Lovely home-made meat gravy with a bit of white wine and cranberry sauce mixed in
More cranberry sauce

Oh yes.

I'm so hungry now. Christmas dinner is my fave! I usually make

Starter Chocolate :haha:

3 bird roast
Mash
Roasties
Sprouts with chestnuts and bacon
Maple roast root veg
Yorkshire puddings
Pigs in blankets
Stuffing
Loaaads of gravy
Other veg

Multiple deserts
More chocolate :haha:

Ooo, I totally want to share my special Christmas breakfast now! We always have hot croissants with cold butter, and fresh orange and apple juice. Love love love it. What does everyone else have for breakfast?

The evening usually consists of picking at a plate of crackers, stilton, celery and nuts (ones you have to crack yourself or it wouldn't be Christmas), eating clementines and chocolate, and sneaking to the kitchen to snaffle leftovers with your glass of port.

:')

We have,

Chicken
Gammon
Pigs in blankets
Roast potatoes
Carrots
Broccoli
Sprouts
Carrot and Swede mash
Stuffing
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy, cheese sauce, mint sauce

Pudding I usually buy the girls either ice cream or chocolate yule log. Husband and I Christmas cake and brandy butter

For breakfast our tradition has become chocolate obviously followed by a bacon, egg and tomato sandwich on a ciabatta roll made by my OH as he's a baker. I'm so excited for Christmas :)

Its only us so I try not to go to mad but always do in the end :haha:

Three bird roast,
Roast potatoes,
Butternut squash mash,
Brocoli, sprouts, carrots,
Cauliflour cheese,
Yorkshire puds,
Cranberry stuffing.
Beef gravy, cheese sauce.

I cook for about 6people even though its dh, me n our toddler :haha:

We usually have-

Turkey
Ham
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Roast carrots
Roast parsnips
Butternut squash
Boughten and homemade stuffing
Corn of some sort

Dessert is usually carrot cake, pumpkin pie and a chocolate log cake.

Mmmmm!

Bucking the trend this year and I'm doing a buffet, I know, shocking :)

Have ordered a load of waitrose entertaining food so I don't really have to do anything either :)

Going out on boxing day for the normal Christmas Day type lunch so decided we didn't want it two days in a row!

We did this one year I was so looking forward to it, because I love buffet food..but I got a sickness bug early hours xmas morning, then we had a 3 hour power cut, everyone sulked that they were missing a proper xmas dinner... It was a disaster!

So I'll be doing

Turkey
Ham
Beef
Pigs in blankets
Yorkshires
Stuffing
Roast potatoes
Braised red cabbage
Sprouts
Carrot and turnip
Brocolli
Honey roast parsnips
Gravy
Apple sauce
Cranberry sauce

Pudding will be gateaux and xmas pud and mince pies for adults and ice cream for the kids.

I don't bother with starters as Theres only me with a big appetite!

Oh and prosecco... Can't forget the prosecco!

Okay, I'm hopping a plane and coming to your place for Christmas dinner, Lora!

Were all veggie here...kids eat meat but only really ham or mince. Im not cooking anyway il be 39weeks...or with a new baby

BIL has invited himself and MIL to ours for Christmas dinner so I may need to change things or at least have an excuse to add in more veg

We have decided not to do turkey this year :-(. DDs love chicken and OH wants some beef, doesn't seem much point having a big turkey too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->