Christmas Dinner

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Everyone get their shopping ok? Veg etc we had a nighmare an had to trips to Tesco middle of the morning yesterday - 6AM Tesco was packed :shock:

Does anyone do their meat the day before? We are :D Preparing all the veg in pots before bed & making tomorrow as easy as we can :D

Amazingly Asda was pretty good last night, no more busier than normal rush hour, no shortage of vegetables, the only thing we had to compromise on was washing up sponges :lol:, all the tills were open so no queues. Expected a wait for the taxi so got out a sandwich to eat, one bite later and the taxi turned up!

ive got 2 joints of beef in now for tomorrow,turkey will be in oven after,its on its way out so it takes longer to cook everything,going to let it all cool then slice cover and stick in the fridge for tomorrow,i'll do prepare veg ready for tomorrow and going to start the trifle.might even do the stuffing

I am cooking my turkey as we speak- smells great!
stuffed with stuffing and sausages and topped with bacon! yum yum

I will do the veggies in the morning.

I'm dead excited- i won't sleep tonght and i will we up before the kids! :lol: :yipee:

Im doing everything tomorrow, i bought one of those turkey joints from iceland so i jsut gotta stick it in the oven and thats it. Im pretty much cheating on everything this year lol

Ive got my turkey in now but the smells makin me feel sick :sick: dunno whats up with me today i nearly passed out whilst cleanin up!

Aww hun :hugs:

My chickens in an I must admit the heat an that is doing my head in - Turkey after that then wait til they are cold & slice :D

Off to my Nana's tomorrow, my Uncle's cooking. We're providing the drink so dead easy.

Going to tell her about the twins tomorrow and can't wait to see the look on her face! :D

:hugs: Awwwww Helen i bet she'll be over the moon!
Have a lovely day hun!
xx

I've got a turkey crown and it'll be going in the oven at about 4.00pm. Should only take a couple of hours and then it's warm turkey sandwiches for tea =P~

I'm going to cut up my veg later tonight and leave in the pans in water and just shove the lid on.

And I've got the Champers in the fridge ready for my glass tomorrow...I'm drooling at the thought.

Then Ta daa all ready for tomorrow.

Have to go see the folks in the morning and swap gifts. Then I make us lunch and then it's off to my parents for a buffett tea and see my sisters and all the kids.

Charm X

i'm cheating this year too going to everyones elses house for dinner lol to much to do with two little ones this year, plus my house is too small lmao :D:D

turkey and beef are cooked,stuffings done.chocolate trifle half done. sprouts prep and in saucepan with water and lid on,same goes for parsnips,ready for roasting.postatoes for mashing and some for roasting in the beef fat ,cocktail sausages and bacon defrosting on the side for pigs in blankets

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->