Christmas food shopping...online experiences?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of ordering my xmas food shop online with morrisons this year but im worried about the quality then having to do that last minute dash to the supermarket anyway:dohh:

My morrisons deliveries have always been great but the pressure of xmas for them makes me worry.

Anyone share their experiences from last year?

Also, does ayone know when morrisons do their christmas saving thing (where you spend £40 a week for 4/5 weeks and get x amount off your xmas shop?)

Thanks!:flower:

They substitute EVERYTHING. Drives me mad! They just didn't give me half of it either because they'd run out. The thing is I ordered it six weeks before delivery but they only pick it on the day, by which time the wine I wanted had run out. Rather than put a bottle aside they just don't give it you. I'll go out this year and get it myself

I've ordered from asda the last few years and been fine, but I tend to get the really important things as early as dates will allow, and the other stuff isn't things that tend to have people going crazy for, like lettuce for a prawn salad starter lol I'm also not majorly worried or stressed if I have to have something a little different

I found I had a few substitutes and some close to expiring even though it was clearly supposed to be for christmas dinner. Disappointing but they survived the extra few days. The subs were not bad either and only one unavailable but not a huge loss as far I can remember. This year I will be going to the ship instead though because I prefer to pick my own vegetables and see all the deals before me. Id say it was ok if you are genuinely short of time but if you don't want to run to the shops again, just go in the first place because the chances are you'll be going out for something missing. I used tesco and was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised.

I have never done my shopping like this for xmas as everything is just bound to be a substitute (unless u have amazing luck). People are like "I booked my Xmas slot for Xmas eve a month ago " can you imagine having your shopping show up all wrong on Xmas eve. Eeeeee it fills me with dread haha. And if u have it delivered so early that your not getting any substitutes then all your veg will start turning. I buy non perishables bit by bit every week and then I usually make a late night dash to one of the 24 hour places the night before Xmas eve haha =)

SOrry it's not exactly what you asked but I wouldn't want you to not have any potatoes on Christmas haha

I've done it a few times and always ended up with short dates, missing items and subs, and every time had to do a mad dash to the supermarket anyway. I think they're definitely getting better, and some are better than others (I avoid Asda at all costs!), but if you rely on it then it's not worth it.
I get my shopping delivered every week anyway so I'll just get a regular shop this year and buy any extras separately.

Never done it online. We usually go to one of the 24 hour one's and go really late at night or really early in the morning and we don't leave it til xmas eve. lol

Important things that people go mad for we buy a good bit in advance for us where we live it's streaky bacon and chipolata's. We ended up paying something like £6 one year for 12 chipolata's :rofl:

I wouldn't chance it, I'm a bit of a control freak though! I did get a tesco Christmas shop close to Christmas last year though and they subbed a few more things than usual but gave the kids cute Christmas packs. I usually pop in a day or two before early morning and get fresh stuff they're usually putting out ready x

I wouldn't chance it, I always go either around midnight or early morning, shelves are all stocked and I can do it without the kids in tow.

I used sainsburys and ocado and had very positive experiences with both. Would have it delivered for the 23rd or possibly earlier though just incase you need to do an emergency dash.

I have done it the last 2 years and never received a substitute. Always get it delivered on the 23rd, just incase they dont have anything.

I have done Tesco online the last two years for the 23rd like others have said that way theres time to get anything missed, i dont recall there being any major problems. Vital things i get before that and gave already been buying at least 1 thing a week on our shop like biscuits, crackers, after eights etc building up a nice little stash :)

Loraloo on here, did it last year and ended up with half her stuff missing

Last year I uses tescos. I ordered all that I could in advance so was mostly fresh fruit veg and the normal shop for rest of the week. I got it day before christmas eve (just incase) and I think I only had one substitute.
I was amazed!!
We have been shopping with asda most the year but I have already told dh that I'm going to swap back to tescos nearer the Christmas shop as even yesterday with Asda I had LOADS of stuff badly subed or damaged etc.. I have always prefered tescos for food shopping tbh. :shrug:

i always do my main things like cakes, turkey with M&S to be picked up on christmas even (m&S shop ordered) ... then I do a tesco or asda (whatever I can get dates for) for the 23rd usually ... there is usually a lot missing, so then whoever picks up the turkey does a wiz round the shop to pick up the missing items.

I order all my non perishable stuff before the rush and store away.

I haven't used it at xmas before but will be this year. We've done a payment plan with tesco so will be using them and trying to get it delivered around the 22/23. Tesco have been really good with my shopping over the past 9 months and I hardly have any substitutes so I'm going to chance it. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->