Christmas Gift for Expectant Grandparents??

Momin2010

Reaction score
I am 9 weeks pregnant, and we're planning to announce this pregnancy to my parents and in-laws at Christmas. We had been hoping to buy this really cute ultrasound photo frame I found online to give to them, but then didn't end up being able to get any pictures from the ultra sound I had a few days ago.
So now I'm stuck, not knowing what to get them! :) I've seen some "Grandma and Grandpa" Christmas ornaments, but that's the best thing I've found so far...
This will be the first grandchild for both sets of parents.
Anybody have any ideas? :)

That sucks that you couldn't get the picture! I did the ultrasound frame for parents/grandparents.

Could you buy a couple of "onesies" and have them customized to say "grandma/grandpa to be".

I know this isn't what you asked since the question here is grandparents-to-be, but I got my son's Nana a customized silver heart shaped trinket box engraved with "When a child is born so is a Nanna"- although my son is 2 years old and you're only 9 weeks pregnant, I think the wording is probably appropriate for both grandparents to be and those who already are Nana's and Grandpa's.

We gave these frames:

https://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/eloiselara/DSCF1130copy.jpg

The text reads "you may not have spotted me yet, but I am here! Please keep a place on your mantlepiece for me. I am due to arrive on 2nd May 2010". We told our parents before the scan, so when we gave them the scan photos, they could put them into the frames we gave them. Unfortunately you may now need to wait longer for scan photos, but the frames will be used for the baby in the end.

We wrapped them up like this, using material swatches from a haberdashery:

https://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/eloiselara/DSCF1137.jpg

And this is the way we told my dad:

https://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/eloiselara/DSCF1136copy.jpg

And I just waved a pregnancy test at my dad LOL....
"Ahhhh Im pregnant, Im pregnant..... look" his response "Oh not again" lol... It really was a heartfelt moment. Not! lol

These ideas are great!
We decided on getting aprons for our moms, and we're going to have them embroidered with "When a child is born, so is a grandma". And then we're getting stainless steel thermoses for our dads, and having them engraved with "Grandpa".
So excited, can't wait for them to know! It just gets harder and harder each day to keep the secret! :D

I love the idea of a message in a photo frame. I was also hoping to have fallen early enough to give them scan photos but we were a month too late:dohh: I was thinking of creating Christmas cards with a picture of my cat dressed up on it and putting to Nan and Grandad on it to see how long it takes them to cotton on:happydance:

I'm making two little boxes and decorating them like luggage cases with handles and gold corner and stickers of places (the main one saying LONDON) as baby is a holiday baby. Inside I'm putting a lovely metalic key chain in the form of a dummie and I'm sure they'll guess why. We're gonna say something like "oh, we brought you this souvenir from London but had forgotten to give it to you...". I'm sure they'll guess right away... :happydance: I'll prob put our 12 week scan inside too...

For SIL's I'm getting a mug, or shirt or something saying "auntie, like mummy only cooler" on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->