Chromosomes or progesterone?

anaserene

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 39.5 and have had two conceptions that both ended in early pregnancy losses. I am trying to figure out, on my own, what the cause was. Here are the pertinent facts:

1) Sperm donor #1 was a smoker and heavy coffee drinker. His ex-gfriend had one chemical pregnancy. He has been and is exposed to a substantial amount of industrial solvents such as paint, etc.

2) With #1, the egg implanted (light spotting) until it was time for my regular AF. Actually, AF was a day or two late. I had a faint EPT line on AF's due date.

3) Sperm donor #2 is 42 and is a relatively healthy nonsmoker, nondrinker. However, he has had the experience of a girlfriend having multiple miscarriages.

4) With #2, the egg implanted (again light spotting) but this lasted only a couple days until I began to bleed a heavy period.

5) My facial hair has been increasing for the past five years and the growth has been speeding up for the past year.

6) I do spot before AFs and this has been happening for the past 6 months.

7) I am pretty healthy. I work out, eat well, and don't drink or smoke at all. I do drink a cup of coffee per day.

8) The one health factor I have is some cardiovascular disease which I am working on reversing with diet, exercise, supplements, and baby aspirin.

Of course, the problem could be both chromosomal and progesterone, but I'm wondering if there is something I am not seeing or asking which is why I am approaching the collective wisdom on this board. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to know for sure.

You can have a progesterone level drawn on 7dpo and that will tell you if your level is high enough of not. And go from there.

Thank you, readyformore. I figured, but wanted confirmation. It's good to know 7dpo is the key day. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->