cinnamums birth story...

cinnamum

Mumof_7_PREG W#8
Reaction score
my husband and i were sat watching 'BIG BROTHER' not enjoying it one bit! :blush: laughing... "why the hell did they pick that girl, or that dude??". :haha:
i had been feeling weird alday, as if i was resting up ready for something to happen in the next few days.
'BIG BROTHER' ended and so we switched over to E4 for 'BIG BROTHER'S BIG MOUTH' just as the adverts started up... 'CONTRACTION'.
i looked at husband... "ooh, that wasn't a braxton hicks", i immediately grabbed DH's iphone and looked at it thinking... "shall i start using the contraction counter?". :shrug: we have had soooo many false alarms! :dohh:
next contraction came 10 minutes later, then another, then another... more, more and then a bigger one at 8 minutes.
i called my birthing partner and told her... "i think i am in labour, can you make your way over?". :happydance:
she turned up and we put the tens machine on my back, it worked like a dream!! i highly would recommend using one. :thumbup:

i then called my mum to tell her, as she was my arranged lift to the hospital.
by this point i had been in labour 3 hours when the contractions jumped straight to 4 minutes apart and quite strong! :nope:
i then called my mum again, and told her to leave and come get me, i waited pacing the front drive clutching onto the wall and the tens button when a contraction came.

when my mum finally turned up 20 minutes later (she only lives 3 minutes away) :growlmad: i had a REALLY strong contraction, so strong i couldn't speak!!!
as it wore off i quickly got into her car, the seat belt wouldn't go on because of where the tens machine was attached to my jogging bottoms. :dohh:
i struggled to unclip it while my mum rushed plugging the seatbelt into its socket swearing and getting herself worked up. :growlmad:
we arrived at the hospital i was immediately given an internal inspection, i was already 5cm's dilated with bulging membranes.
the heartbeat monitor stopped working on baby so i was asked if i would like a clip placed on babies head, once my waters had one.
i immediately agreed. :thumbup:
i was checked an hour later... 6cms! contractions were bearable enough to continue without further pain relief, until i reached 7cm. :winkwink:
by this point baby still hadn't dropped and the urge to push was getting more intense.
i decided i would be better off if i stood up, to encourage baby to drop.
i went for a wee and came back, contraction was so bad i grabbed the gas and air, turned to tell my midwife... "GUSH!" my waters went. :happydance:
i had nothing on my feet so my legs began to get further apart, i laughed as i was slowly starting to do the splits... "HELP" i cried out!
the midwife threw some disposable changing mats down by my feet and then giggling with me, she told me she wanted to take me into another room and turn babies head as it was turned into a position so it was dangerous for me to push as i wouldn't dilate past 8cm's.
at that point contractions were unbearable, then the babies heart rate DROPPED!
EMERGENCY C~SECTION!! the midwife cried!
so, i was carted off for my c~section. :thumbup:

so to break it down... i was in labour for just 10 hours. 1 hour in surgery.

i woke up to the sight of our beautiful baby boy, who weighed 8lb 3oz.
we have named him ronny romero.
i had to stay in hospital for 2 days and 3 nights but he was well worth it!
still can't believe we have a son, one of each aint bad huh??? x x x x
:hugs:

Attachments

• Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 22
oh honey, i am so happy for you!! congratulations again :):):)

Orrrr. Congratulations hun. The first birth story of the day for me and I cried. Feeling so emotional right now. Lucky you.

Congratulations he's lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->