Citizen's Advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Siyren, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. Siyren

    Siyren Guest

    so frustrated.
    i went to citizens advice today cos my hours have been cut since i found out im pregnant.
    yeah i know its illegal but theres not a whole lot i can do about it.
    i was hopign that i'd qualify for income support or something
    but as a couple me and OH dont qualify for working tax credits because we're under 25
    and i don't qualify for anything because i dont earn ENOUGH!!! now this just seems idiotic to me.
    the reason i want some help is because im on a stupidly low income (tbh im talking between £20 and £40 a week depending. but usually closer to £20
    yet because of the tiny amount i earn- i dont qualify
  2. firstprincess

    firstprincess Well-Known Member

    Jul 14, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Sorry to hear that Siryen - I was in the same situation. I had lots of advice from friends and the job centre and my local citizen's advice were actually very helpful. PM me off here if your interested and I will fill you in, if your not sure how to PM then pop another message on here and I will add my email address for you.
    Take Care :happydance:
  3. 10thSept

    10thSept Mummy to one

    Jan 27, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Sorry to hear that hun, it does seem totally perverse.
    are there no benefits at all you can get? it seems ridiculous that you cant!
    good luck xx
  4. andbabymakes3

    andbabymakes3 Just me and my girl

    Mar 6, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Is your OH working? The system is so rubbish - you have to be on the absolute rock bottom before they help you.

    Do you and your OH live together? Because if you don't, I would go to the jobcentre as a single woman and tell them you earn 20 pounds a week. They cannot leave a pregnant single woman with that amount to live on.

    Once bubs is here, you will also get child tax credits, based on your income/benefits.

    When you claim JSA, you will automatically go on to income support at 29 weeks. They will also help with rent and council tax.
  5. Siyren

    Siyren Guest

    yeah hon, we live together, so they see us as a couple and base stuff on that.
    because our income is so low, we would be elligable for working tax credits- but cos we're both under 25 we can't have it.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice