Clarification on Posting about or on behalf of any banned member?

RJsMum

Mommy of RJ
Reaction score
You may not post about or on behalf of any banned member using the forum posting, private messages, or signatures features.

I saw the above from someone (a mod maybe?) on a recent thread about missing members and wondered if anyone can clarify?

Is this really saying that any conversation via PM isn't allowed if it is about/related to a previously banned member?

Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but it made me curious because if that's the case...I thought PMs were private, so does that mean PMs are monitored as well??

ETA: I don't even know any banned members, so it's a genuine question.

Mods see everything.

Not sure if that means you can't PM about them though.. I know you can't post threads about them.

will get clarification but yes PM's are private, only admin can read them and admin only read them if a problem occurs (abuse is reported etc.)

will get clarification but yes PM's are private, only admin can read them and admin only read them if a problem occurs (abuse is reported etc.)

Makes sense then...I figured as much. It just made me wonder. I rarely use PM to begin with, but it reminded me of a friend I talk to back home in the states who always jokes that he has to watch what he types to me or says over the phone because "the feds might be watching." (All because he and some friends were doing something a bit taboo in a strip club and came out to cops waiting in their car -- not for them...but they ran with the joke that the feds were stalking them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->