Clary Sage oil - how do you use it?

2have4kids

Mother of 3
Reaction score
I've heard some of the ladies talk about it and got some over the weekend. How do you use it? The lady at the health store said you can apply topically on skin and atomize it, just wondering what others do with it. Thanks!

I bought some sweet almond oil (which is a massage base) and mixed a few drops of clary sage in to a couple of teaspoons, put that in it's own tub then would rub it into my bump. That way you can make more mixture when you need it :)

I rubbed it on my belly. And I went into labour a few hours later! Was very overdue mind you, so could've been a coincidence :haha:

i put it in a bath in the morning and shut the door as it was running. I then put some on a tissue and tucked it in my bra. I started contractions
that evening.

Wowzers! Such positive outcomes, i can't wait to use it now!!

Are you going to give it a go? I've been reading about this and evening primrose oil but not sure. Don't think I'm brave enough to do castor oil later.....:wacko: xx

If im thinking of thr righy stuff as i get confused between 2 i rubbed on my bump and put some in a bath but omfg the smell is vile.

Are you going to give it a go? I've been reading about this and evening primrose oil but not sure. Don't think I'm brave enough to do castor oil later.....:wacko: xx

I read some terrible things about ingesting caster oil - bad idea! Epo has been used with the thought that it softens the uterus when inserted up there, it's said to bring on contractions but I haven't read too many positive stories about that bit!

I'm going to try this too, might mix some with jojoba and rub it on the bump and have a bath with it in. Never heard of the tissue in bra that's a good idea! Also you could use the oil mix while massaging pressure points

I really want to try this. Where did u purchase your clary sage from? I'm not going to do it until 39weeks+. If your rubbing it on skin it needs to be in a carrier oil, but u can add a few drops to bath on its own x

I read some terrible things about ingesting caster oil - bad idea! Epo has been used with the thought that it softens the uterus when inserted up there, it's said to bring on contractions but I haven't read too many positive stories about that bit!

Yeah I agree castor oil might be one step too far. I've got a fear of needing to "go" during labour as it is and I doubt castor oil would help there!! I've heard epo helps a bit like rlt but yeah doesn't actually bring on labour. Might try it after 37w? Xx

I really want to try this. Where did u purchase your clary sage from? I'm not going to do it until 39weeks+. If your rubbing it on skin it needs to be in a carrier oil, but u can add a few drops to bath on its own x

We have a few organic health stores that carry it and there's also an expensive aroma therapy store in the local mall. I saw it there and held off until I got to the health food store - it's already expensive but was a little more reasonable at a bigger grocer.

I bought some online. Can't remember where from... I just Googled it and found the best price.

Just adding, I rubbed it in my bump daily from 39 weeks, I didn't have my baby till 41+6 so while it's worth trying don't get disappointed without instant results!

I didn't know about these oils! Definitely on my to-do/try list later this pregnancy.. Was also gonna comment on the Castor Oil, I watched my sister try it when she was overdue..It gave her horrible stomach upset, something of which I definitely wouldn't want if I did go into labor, but she just got diarrhea and had bad stomach cramps, and still had to be induced a week later.

I got mine from Holland and Barrett.

Got mine today from Holland and Barrett. Clary sage oil and almond carrier oil in the buy one get one half price offer. Does anyone know when you can use it from?
Xx

Got mine today from Holland and Barrett. Clary sage oil and almond carrier oil in the buy one get one half price offer. Does anyone know when you can use it from?
Xx
38+ weeks or threatened induction/section :haha:

Xx
38+ weeks or threatened induction/section :haha:

37 on Friday but def qualify for the threatened (booked!) induction! Xx

castor oil isn't that bad so long as you don't over-do it! thats can make you very ill.
none of these methods work unless your body is ready, so perhaps its best to get your cervix checked before taking anything.
evening primrose oil worked marvellously for me last time, but it works better for successful VBACs when used with RLT to help lower your risk of uterine rupture.
I've yet to try clary sage oil, i guess it has a similar effect as the radon clary sage bath crystals, which also helped me with my third labour. xx best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->