Clary sage oil- how to use

Mazzymoo

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
I bought some clary sage oil as I've heard it helps bring on labour. Any ideas how to use it? Should I put some drops in the bath? If so- how many?

I don't know how you use it prior to labour but I can say that I used it mixed with a carrier oil when admitted to delivery suite in labour with my last daughter and it was amazing!!! It helps to strengthen your contractions and get them doing their job! It certainly worked for me :) gl xx

I've been told that between 5 and 10 drops in a bath (depending on how deep the bath is I guess) at 38wks+..... But, as its a relaxant, for some woman, it can have the opposite of the desired affect!!

It doesn't bring it on labour but it can help keep contractions going and is good for pain relief.

You want to make sure that you dilute the clary sage with a carrier oil as well before you put it in the bath. This particular essential oil can be a skin irritant. Grape seed oil is a good inexpensive carrier oil to mix with or if you have no known nut allergies, almond oil is a good one too

I put drops of it in the bath with me past 38 weeks and I just smelled it throughout the day. I had early prodromal labour for 2 weeks before giving birth and the clary sage seemed to regularlise and strengthen the contractions, but ultimately I didn't give birth until 40+4. It was nice to smell a mixture of clary sage and lavender during labour though!

I tried everything bar eat the stuff with dd1 and it did nothing :( I couldn't stand the smell of it by the time i had finished so didn't use it with dd2 and wont be using it this time either x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->