Classic Movie discussion thread

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
Ok I need some suggestions of some good classic movies. I don't know why but I've felt the urge to watch them right now. I just got done watching Casablanca for the first time and I loved it. So now want to watch some more good classic movies. Please give me as many suggestions as possible!

Gone with the wind is another classic!

I always like settling in with the old musicals,

The Fred & Ginger ones are always good-
Swing Time
Barkleys of Broadway
Top Hat
Follow the Fleet
Shall we Dance

Also the classics like-
Seven brides for seven brothers
Calamity Jane
Singin in the Rain
West side story
Oliver
Finians Rainbow

How about one of these?

All Quiet on the Western Front
Citizen Cane
Frankenstein
It's a Wonderful Life
King Kong
Laura
Meet Me In St. Louis
My Darling Clementine
The Wizard of Oz
Tom Sawyer
Wuthering Heights

Roman Holiday
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Gigi
The African Queen
Key Largo

Ooohhhh Breakfast at Tiffany's, I haven't seen that for ages.
Love it.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I love Wuthering Heights! I just watched Gigi last night and I loved it too. Maybe we could keep this thread going to add what classic movies we've watched so others who are interested can look at it too.

So far I've seen and loved:

Wizard Of Oz
Gigi
Casablanca
White Heat
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Citizen Cane
Young Frankenstein
Wuthering Heights
Romeo & Juliet (older version not the one with Leo caprio)
Gone With The Wind
The Ten Commandments (with Charlton Heston)

OOOH!!! I LOVE classic movies!!!! :cloud9:

PLEASE watch these (and invite me round and I'll come and watch with you :mrgreen:)

- Roman Holiday (I LOVE audrey hepburn !!!! MY FAOURITE one!!!!)
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (not black and white but EXCELLENT script based on excellent play with Paul Newman and Liz Taylor both looking PAINFULLY glam and beautiful in the sweltering hot south)
- Twelve Angry Men (Henry Fonda doing his every day good man act. GREAT drama set in one room)
- All About Eve. (Bette Davis at her BEST in my opinion)
- The Philadelphia Story. Starring Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant and a smaller role for Jimmy Stewart.
- Key Largo (Bogart!!!! he rocks)
- Angels with Dirty Faces (if you liked white heat its another great James Cagney one!)
- It's a wonderful life. (yes it' cheesy but its SO good!)
- The Women (a really nice old school, i think 30s, film with an ALL female cast. really good fun and with some quaint girl stuff)
- How to Steal a Million. (okay so this is the one most critics hated and maybe people do to this day but I loved it :blush: It has audrey hepburn and Peter O Toole and what I personally think is a lovely premise for a rom com :blush:)

Then report back with your reviews! :winkwink:

I really like Alfred Hitchcock movies- Vertigo was the first one I saw and I looved it. The Birds, Lifeboat (I haven't been able to find this anywhere to rent etc but we watched it in school, my drama teacher had it)..

I also like Citizen Kane, Casablanca, the Ten Commandments, Wizard of Oz..

The Women, that redpoppy suggested, I haven't seen that, but may look for it, I've seen the new version of it with Eva Mendes, Meg Ryan, etc. and it was good!

Just got finished watching Wuthering Heights again. Forgot how much I really liked that movie, although I do find it a bit sad.

I love meet me in st louis and seven brides for seven brothers xx

I just watched To have and have not (Humphrey Bogart) and really liked that and also finally watched An Officer and a gentlemen and loved that as well.

Keep the suggestions coming!!

A few years ago my friend forced me to watch Dr Zhivago (sp?) which I wasn't looking forward to, I absolutely loved it! Really really good film! And Fiddler on the Roof is great too! Love Breakfast at Tiffanys and My Fair Lady. Haven't watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for years, what about the King and I? :D xx

I just finished watching today It's A Wonderful Life....can't believe I haven't seen this before. It was amazing, I almost want to watch it again right away!!

Just got finished watching Wuthering Heights again. Forgot how much I really liked that movie, although I do find it a bit sad.

:cloud9: Love it! I really want to watch it now too. Gonna have to rent it, I think!

I also love 12 Angry Men. :thumbup:

A few years ago my friend forced me to watch Dr Zhivago (sp?) which I wasn't looking forward to, I absolutely loved it! Really really good film! And Fiddler on the Roof is great too! Love Breakfast at Tiffanys and My Fair Lady. Haven't watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for years, what about the King and I? :D xx

I LOOOVE Dr Zhivago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->