Clay?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Help!
We can't agree on any names. OH likes clay. I am really not keen. I feel like we may aswell call him cement, concrete, brick! It doesn't seem like a name to me.
What are people's thoughts on it?

Surname is Williamson. Whilst I agree we need a short name, I think one syllable isn't enough it needs to be two at least.

One other we agreed is just 'OK' is Rogan. I tried Roman but OH says he doesn't like that.

Big brother is called Rio.

A few I put onto a possible list but OH dismissed are Oscar, Ralph, Rocco, Sidney (this is probably going to be middle name)

Any input please? Suggestions?
We are getting nowhere!

i dont really like it but i dont hate it. if you dont like it though then you could either agree for the middle but personally i think you should tell him you dont like it and would like to pick something you both like

its hard agreeing on stuff like i love the name liam and my mum and partner hate it lol xx

He knows I don't like it. He said I need to come up with something better then :haha:
Struggling!
I don't want to call my baby something I really don't like at all. I've got to call him that name forever. I'd rather us both agree on one we both think is 'OK' as I don't think there's a name that exists that we will both equally love lol.

I quite like it- especially with your sons name and surname. I'm not a huge fan of the name itself, but it sounds nice out with the others.

Me and DH struggled to agree on a name - in the end, he chose Max and I said Maxwell, so a bit of compromise. I also got the middle name I wanted too 😆

If your really against it, don't settle. You need to be happy with the name too!

maybe you could go with a longer, more "real" feeling name and use Clay as a nn? Clayton, for example.
I love Sidney, I'd totally push for that.
Other suggestions:
Sage
Sawyer
Asher
Reid
Levi
Archer
Rafe
Rex

I like Sidney because when you say Sidney and Rio together it sounds like Sydney, so I'd think they were themed names. Personally I wouldn't go for themed names, but I do like them on others!

I feel similar to you about Clay. I really like Roman though (and again sorta feeling a city theme ...)

Ive noticed a huge difference in uk and usa names. Ive never heard of so many of the usa names but i dont think ive heard of clay in the uk. Theres lors if name websites for inspiration hope something jumps out soon xx

It's quite 'American' to me. Not a bad thing just might be unusual in the U.K.

Do you like Ray since it's similar?

If I'm honest I'm really not keen on Clay I agree with you it's like cement or modelling clay! Also reminds me of Wayne Rooney they have a Klay. Not that that's bad as they seem like really nice people, I'm just not a fan of any of their boy names!

I do really like Roman. You should push for that! Rogan isn't a name I've heard before it makes me think of Rogan Josh the curry!

I also like Sidney a lot if only he'd go for that!

Other suggestions of shortish names to go with Rio

Rex
Fox
Levi
Brody
Stanley
Jax

I love Rex. My OH would never agree to such a name, he's a traditionalist with names, but I really like it :) Goes well with Rio. Clay does remind me of the Rooney's, I'm not hugely keen personally. Sid as a stand alone name? Rather than Sidney?

Yes boo, I worry about it being associated with a rogan josh curry too!!
I do really want Sidney but I don't think OH will. He likes Sidney but says he wouldn't want it shortened to Sid and it would bug him.

I like Stanley too! But not Stan.

Oscar is off our list now as one of OH's friends has a little boy called Oscar and after babysitting for a new hours at the weekend - I'm sick of saying the name already (he's a very busy 2 year old) :haha:

I'm not a fan of Clay at all, it's something you get from B&Q. How about Carl?

I don't want to call my baby something I really don't like at all. I've got to call him that name forever.

That's what happens when one parent doesn't get a say in a name. My father called me 'Natasha-Marie' after a character in a 3 part War movie called War and Peace. :haha: My mother HATED my name when I was born and 32 years later, she still hates it. As do I. Needless to say, when Dad said he wanted Kasey for my brother, my mother told him 'get f**ked' and he went a week without a name until she named him. She did it again for my sister too. Dad got no say after my name. So by the time my mother ended up with my Stepdad and had my baby sister, he didn't get a choice either but in all reality, he didn't care what she was called and he didn't really want to be there for his daughter's birth either - which suited my mother because she told him he was going to work that day to which he did - happily. :rofl: I don't have a typical family.

My partner's name is Clayton but gets called Clay. He has a 2 syllable middle name and 3 syllable surname similar to yours. His name works really well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->