Cleaning baby spoons.....

sam*~*louize

Reaction score
ok this kinda of needs to be in weaning but not aswell!

LO has pink spoons. i've now wrecked 3 as carrot has stained them lol! other stuff stains too like jars etc spag bol (know from work) but how on earth can you get stains off?

usual wash them and sterilise don't work? wondering if you girlies had any tips?

I need the answer to this too! Although our heat sensitive spoons havent stained?

only one of my spoonds have stained and it was the Tommee tippee ones i got witth the bowl sets you get, their hear ones dont stain though dont have any tips hun mabey just go for a differnet set of spoons the TT heat ones dont stain x

I've heard people use hand sanitizer, I guess the alcohol in it. Also denture cleaner. Like the tablets you put in water and soak them. Makes sense. If it takes stains off fake teeth! I would say put some in a bowl and soak the spoons in it. Let me know if you try it and if it works!

There's not really much you can do about the staining. It doesn't really matter anyway, as long as the spoons are clean.

Nah, they will stain anyway if they're made from that semi-soft plastic stuff. I rub undiluted washing up liquid on them then wash as normal and that seems to help. Cold water sterilising can fade the marks too but it doesn't matter as long as they're clean as Neecee says:wacko:

Lemon juice may work as it kinda bleaches naturally:shrug:

I agree with neecee and hevz, who cares about stains as long as it's clean?

I hate the way plastic stains, and though it's really only important that they're clean, I can understand wanting to keep the spoons pink (it's my favourite colour). I did a quick Google search and found a few tips: try putting them out in the sun, it will bleach the stains out of some plastics; soak them in water with a denture tablet; soak them in water with baking soda; soak with a little bleach in warm water.

Best of luck!

I agree with neecee and hevz, who cares about stains as long as it's clean?

ditto... all my spoons are stained. Try not to get too bent outta shape about spoons ;)

Stains on plastic bother me too. Much more than ironing my baby's clothes! Lol :iron:

thank girls. yes i know theyre clean but they look really unsightly! will try the baking powder, if it doesn't work then ah well, but may aswell try !

I have some orange spoons:thumbup:

They were free with Weetabix wrote on them, got loads of them at the Baby Show in Birmingham years ago:happydance:

... put them in bleach? thats mad and a bit stupid! surely its better for baby to eat of a stained spoon than risk ingesting bleach... if the spoon is stained that means the plastic must be porous so theres a chance some of the bleach would stay on the spoon too...

Ohhh no no no! Dont EVER put anything that goes anywhere near your baby in bleach!

Mine are stained too Sammie, it doesnt bother me tbh...I know they are clean! Mine are tesco heat thingy ones.

I aint using bleach lol, will try the whole "sun stains them clean" leave them on the window or something. failing that lol will just buy lots o different coloured ones :haha: orange for carrots and spag bol, brown for gravy LMFAO !

I agree not to put the spoons in bleach because like someone said they're probably porous but bleach is actually ok to use to clean. My pediatrician actually told us to use very diluted bleach to soak plastic toys in. It kills everything. Clorox actually runs a commercial on TV showing the uses and recommends diluted bleach to soak baby's bottles in. Like I said as long as it's diluted properly it's ok.

I still wouldnt! And whats approved in america may not be approved here in the uk. Milton, dettol and steam sterilising are much better ways of ensuring toys and spoons are clean.

Milton is similar to bleach, there's instructions on the side how much to dilute it for sterilising, cleaning and also to make water safe to drink too:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->