Clear Blue Easy Digital OPK Question

honeybemel

Reaction score
I know the Clear Blue Easy Digital OPK is pretty popular so I'm hoping you guys can help. The instructions say to use it first thing in the morning, but everything I have read about detecting the LH surge says that it's best to test in the afternoon (between 2:00-4:00PM).
Has anyone here used this OPK? If so, what time of day did you test?
Thanks!!

Hi! I had wondered this same question. In my last pregnancy I used it only in the morning and got my smiley face on the third day.
This time, two days in a row I used it only in the morning, with negatives. Today I used it in the morning and got a negative and then I just did it this afternoon and got a smiley face.
The only reason why I decided to test twice today was because I am on CD16, which is the day I always get a positive. Also, once you eject the stick you can see the two lines just like a normal OPK. I noticed this morning that my two lines were very close in color so I knew I was close. Where as yesterday, it was a clear negative.
Hope this helps. I'm a big fan of the Clearblue Digital tests! Takes the guesswork out.
Good luck!!

I have had smiley faces on various times of day. The very first time using them my smiley face was late at night before bed. I have had smiley face using FMU and after work in an afternoon. I think it will pick up the surge any time of day just as long as your urine isnt diluted with too much fluid intake

I agree with Laurababe on the possibility of this opk to pick up the surge with urine from any time of day.

The CB digital OPK retains recent data (which is why it's important to start testing at least a few days before you expect to O). So when it detects an increase, it gives you the smiley. That's also the reason behind why there's no point in testing again once you've received your smiley, since the chances that the levels will be even higher the next time you test are slim.

That said, I did test with FMU last cycle and didn't get a smiley with FMU the day that I expected O. Based on previous months and on CM signs, I decided to retest later in the day and got the smiley. I do wonder if I would have gotten the smiley the next morning if I hadn't tested a 2nd time that day or if I would have just missed it all together. Guess I'll never know. This cycle I decided to go back to testing with afternoon urine like I had in the previous months, just in case!

I was just thinking that I might retest this afternoon just to see if that makes a difference. I think I'll give it a try and switch to the afternoon from now on since that seems to be when you guys have had the most luck. Thanks again!

Tested Saturday afternoon (after a little heat exhaustion episode, hopefully that won't affect it) and I got a smiley face. Fingers crossed over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->