Clear Blue Fertility Monitor - first cycle

LEK74

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just a bit of advice if anything, and some support that I am doing this right! I started spotting on Sunday - first AF after MC, but then it stopped, then on Monday I spotted, and then Monday overnight started AF properly and pretty heavy, so I set my CBFM as Monday CD1 and the testing window at 9.30am which I think means I can test anytime between 6.30-12.30

I think on your first cycle you start testing on CD6 so that will be tomorrow morning. I am terrified I will wee before I POAS as I have to remember to do it before I am properly awake! So my plan is to wake up, take temp, log on phone then wee in pot and test it first thing. Does this sounds right?

Also I am confused as to why CBFM asks you to POAS on the first wee of the day, when normal OPK's say do it at 2pm.... does anyone else understand this?

Thanks everyone and babydust to all of us xxxx

Sorry, didnt want to read and run but have never used CBFM. I have been using the chapy internet strips which have been surprsingly accurate and easy to use.
I hope things work out for you
xx

hi hun, I have a cbfm!

Youre right with the testing times

as for first poas on CD6, this isnt necessarily the case. You should turm the cbfm on each morning and if the stick sign is flashing, it wants you to poas.

I have just poas any way a couple of days, only to turn it on and it doesnt even want a stick (tres annoying!!)

as for FMU - not sure, its what the cbfm wants so its what the cbfm gets! It measures a number of things in addition to what opks measure, so maybe thats why ? not sure tho

why are you still temping? I love the cbfm as it takes the stress out of temping, opking et al. xx

Hi Kanga

I guess I am still temping for my piece of mind.. silly I know but will feel better when the temp goes up so I can tell the machine is doing its job :) On day three now of it asking to POAS, hoping for high fertility soon!!! xxx

Hi Lek74,
I used the CBFM a few times (i have had several MC and an Ectopic in the past year) atm- I am almost 12w!!!
The only way we can tell if we HAVE ovulated is by temping. The CBFM will ONLY tell you that your ABOUT to ovulate. I kept temping to make sure I DID in fact ovulate. It is more stress but there is logic to doing both :)

CBFM monitors your LH surge (the same hormone as OPK sticks) which surges about two days prior to ovulation. In addition, the CBFM monitor measures the Oestrogen levels. This also surges but a few days earlier- this giving you more than a two day Window to BD.

There is a whole thread on CBFM users- see if you can do a search! It was a wonderful wonderful source of help and support when I used my monitor.

Finally, good luck- I just wanted to add that after my third loss in April I took a break and didnt monitor a thing- the third month- I thought I better dust off CBFM- it takes a few months to really get to know your cycle- and we BD around my OV according to my previous cycles. CBFM showed me lows throughout this cycle and I got my BFP. Try and relax- easier said than done. I will say though, that the CBFM was good for me at the beginning as it helped me learn my cycle and I found out I ovulated about 2-3 days later than I thought :)

Lots and lots of luck Lek74! :hugs:

Minimin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"