clearblue fertility monitor

dani86

Reaction score
anyone used one of these?? are they any good as im thinking of buying one for myself. x x

We bought one about 10-11 years ago when they first came out, and I think they are worth the money. I mean, the thing with OPK's is, is that it is all subjective, YKWIM? Determining whether or not it is a positive is merely trying to figure out if that line is darker than the control, well to me it may look as dark or darker, to you it may. Well they take the guess work out of it, and it tells you when to test, so you are not testing all day everyday. KWIM?? And their resale value is excellent. I bought mine used for $100, and sold it about 5 years ago for about the same. GL!! HTH!

im going to get one tonight it can b my new toy lol thanks hun x x

Hi, most definetely invest in one of these. We ttc for 4 months using OPK's and no success. I bought the CBFM and got a BFP the first time using it twice now. Unfortunately I miscarried but Im reassured to know that I have it for when Im ready to try again. Currently waiting on blood tests coming back to find out the cause of miscarriages. Good luck x

I have one of these but not enough sticks for a full month. A friend on BnB gave me hers when she got pregnant and it DOES work. I did not get preg that cycle that I used it (only had enough sticks for one full cycle) but it was awesome to see that my fertility "peaked" so it took a lot of the guess work out of things. I should dust it off and get some sticks for it hmmm...

i went right out to boots tonight and purchased one cost me £122 in total for sticks and monitor cant start using it yet as needs to be first day of cycle and i havent got a clue when im due my period as jst finished my pp bleed after giving birth 4 weeks ago...anyways i put it on day 5 today so i can pee on it tomorrow lets see what happens x x

Good luck! I swear my cbfm is my best friend in all of this baby making (aside from my husband of course ;) ) I just love that it tracks my hormones for me and that it tells me when we should be BDing for best conception chances. It can get pricey with the sticks, but it's a small price to pay (and practice forking out money!) for a little baby as the ultimate goal! Hope you love it as much as I love mine :)

I'm seriously thinkin about gettin one if we don't conceive this month...

Well as I said I bought one last night but it tells you when uto use it and won't let me this morning yet!! But I did have old ovulation prediction sticks and peed on that instead and guess what I had my first smiley after giving birth a month ago it makes me sort of happy lol x x

I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if they work for women with PCOS or not. I know OPK's aren't always reliable, because we can have mulitple surges in a cycle without ovulating each time. I'll have to do some more research I think.

dani86 - I don't want to burst your bubble, but if you still have HCG in your system, it could be that that's giving you the positive. There's a section on peeonastick.com about people using OPK's as pregnancy tests either by accident or because they didn't have any HPT's to hand.

I've been using them the past two weeks and it's my first smiley so fingers crossed x x

Ah ok that definitely won't be leftover hormones then. Good luck!

I need luck dnt seem to have any at the moment, good luck to you too hope u get that bfp very soon x x

With PCOS it may work, but It would probably take longer before you get highs and peaks on the monitor if it takes you longer to ovulate. That would cost you a million bucks though because the sticks are so expensive!!

Well I bought one today from ebay for £50 (they're £100 in the shops) and I also bought sticks for £15 (£22.50 normally) so I'm quite chuffed that I didn't have to pay full price. Looking forward to it arriving :)

:dohh: Why didnt I think of ebay!? Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->