• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid and low sperm count

felcity 45

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I went to see the FS a few weeks back and to be honest he wasn't that helpful. Apparently all my results were fine and the OH has a low sperm count 6.5million. We are on cycle 15 with maybe one possible chemical in that time. He has prescribed 100mg of Clomid but I don't understand how that will help as I do ovulate :wacko:

Do you ladies have any ideas as to why he would prescribe this??? and whether I should just go ahead and try, I think I am just scared that it will mess my cycles up at this time in my life...menopause will not be to far away :cry:

What do you ladies think?

Thank you

Hi how are you so I have heard of clomid and was actually looking into taking it but I recently missed my period so I may be pregnant, but a natural vitamin that I purchased called vitex is something you should try!

From what I understood with my FS was that clomid makes our bodies work harder and better, to hopefully compensate for DH. My FS mentioned you could possible release 2 eggs instead of 1, giving DH's swimmers better odds. Since they have 2 targets instead of just the 1. Maybe I misunderstood, but from my appointment that's what I gathered :)

I'm not sure about that.....my husband also has a very low sperm count. Our RE prescribed Chlomid for HIM, he said it may help increase his sperm count. Apparently it doesn't work for all men though.

Thank you for the replys, I'm still not sure what to do keep putting it off :blush:

Think I will have one more month trying then give it a go, I suppose I have nothing to lose :wacko:

I put it off for 6 months.. and this month I just thought what have I got to lose? I'm now a member of the Clomid gang and have no idea what's going on! :wacko:

How's it going? Have you had any side effects?? what stopped you from going straight on it?? sorry for the twenty questions lol

I just couldnt bare the thought that this is the end of the road for us as far as fertility help. I just waited..
We can't afford IVF and they won't give us anything else for free as I have a 14yr old daughter from a past relationship :cry:

Anyway! Side effects have been the craziest hot flashes - waking up in the night and the bed is soaking! That's all really, although I do feel really down x

I went for my second ultrasound scan today (day 12)
but the 15mm follicles haven't grown since 2days ago. So going back in two days time.

Oh please God let it work!

My other Clomid side effect I forgot to mention -Insomnia!

I'm starting clomid next cycle due to male factor. Dh's count is within the normal range but motility isnt great and morphology is poor. I was told clomid can help you produce more eggs giving sperm more targets.

I just couldnt bare the thought that this is the end of the road for us as far as fertility help. I just waited..
We can't afford IVF and they won't give us anything else for free as I have a 14yr old daughter from a past relationship :cry:

Anyway! Side effects have been the craziest hot flashes - waking up in the night and the bed is soaking! That's all really, although I do feel really down x

I went for my second ultrasound scan today (day 12)
but the 15mm follicles haven't grown since 2days ago. So going back in two days time.

Oh please God let it work!

Fingers crossed for you :flower:

Side effects sound lovely lol I',m sure looking forward to that! :wacko:

Good luck rachy

Thanks Felicity,
Well hopefully I ovulated this weekend - but be warned Clomid turns you into a crying mess! In the evenings I'm feeling quite nauseous in the gagging sense. I'm also an eating machine at the moment - queue more self loathing and crying!! X

Felicty I would question using Clomid when you already ovulate. May be give it a couple of months to see how you get on but I would ask about IUI a cheaper option than IVF but it might work for you.

MissBooby, the old postcode lottery means you might be able to get IUI on the NHS. I can get it and clomid but not IVF due to already having a child.

Felicty I would question using Clomid when you already ovulate. May be give it a couple of months to see how you get on but I would ask about IUI a cheaper option than IVF but it might work for you.

MissBooby, the old postcode lottery means you might be able to get IUI on the NHS. I can get it and clomid but not IVF due to already having a child.

Thanks tommy. I'll ask at my next appointment. That would be fantastic!

Hi Tommyg,

Unfortunately no one will see me now due to my age :cry: I have decide to go another month then give it a try, maybe I will produce more eggs for those little spermies lol

Missbooby I already get tearful for a few days every month, my OH calls me weepy tool ha ha god knows what I will be like on Clomid!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->