Clomid and temp still high 3 days after finishing

cluckymumof5

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm on my first round of Clomid (50mg) from CD5-9 and noticed my temperature is still high 3 days after finishing my last tablet. My normal temperature range before ovulation is around 36.60 but whilst on Clomid and even 3 days after finishing I'm still up at the 37 range which is my normal post ovulation range. Is this normal and will it drop so I can actually detect ovulation (if it happens).

Thanks in advance ladies.

It may drop right before you ovulate, but you may also have higher post O temps while on Clomid so it could still all even out :thumbup: You'll definately be able to see the temp shift if you ovulate though :thumbup:

It may drop right before you ovulate, but you may also have higher post O temps while on Clomid so it could still all even out :thumbup: You'll definately be able to see the temp shift if you ovulate though :thumbup:

Thanks for that. I've been so worried I'd miss ovulation with temps staying high.

Do you use OPK as well? If you do you'll be fine :thumbup: Good luck and I hope this is your cycle :hugs:

I use OPK's but everything I've read said they'll give false positives for up to 5 days after your last tablet.

I am on 50 mg first cycle of clomid day 2-6. If you look at my chart, my pre-O temp is not as low as my previous cycles. I have a temp rise 3 days after my last pill, then it went down again and up after ovulation. Somehow or rather, my post O temp is a little low too if i compared with my previous BBT chart.

Anyway it just seemed different this time round perhaps due to medicated cycle. However in your case, could it be because your body is still trying to adjust after your chemical last cycle?

Well I tested with an OPK today and it's a big negative so clomid has obviously moved my ovulation or I missed the surge if it happened yesterday. Did bother to test as everything I've read says clomid can give a false positive OPK. Fingers and toes crossed it happens soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->