Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I hear ya Rawan, I was actually just reading about the difference between biological age and chronological age that can sometimes occur. Not all women's ovaries age at the same rate unfortunately. Have you had your AMH checked? That will give you a good idea about where things are at.

I'm also terrified of having triplets which is part of why I'm not sure if we'll do injectibles with IUI (possibly only femara and IUI followed by IVF).... but that seems like a really big jump to head straight into IVF. So I'm not sure where exactly I stand on that. I just keep hoping it will happen naturally (there is no reason why it shouldn't in my case!)

I also find it difficult to imagine a life without kids, and the past 3 months in particular I've found myself thinking about it more and more. If we don't end up conceiving we won't adopt. At first I thought that my life would have no meaning without children, but now, I think if I had to, that I would be able to find a way to have a meaningful life either way.

I'm from Canada Norelisa, one IVF cycle would be 10 000 - 15 000 CAD

I find myself thinking more and more about IVF, myself. It's only been 8 months for us, but I'm 34 (how did that happen?) and not getting younger. I'm in the US and I think IVF is around 10-15k. Not sure if my insurance would cover anything (if so, I think we'd have to be trying for a year since I'm still under 35).

Norelisa-yes I am from Canada. The clinic told me one cycle of IVF is approximately 19000-20000 CAD, I guess it could vary depending on the clinic and the person...but somewhere around that. My health card covers one cycle of IVF, but the waiting list is too long.

Belle-Yeah I checked my Amh already, and it's low too, that's why i am concerned...means i have low ovarian reserve...I told the clinic I don't mind twins, but no more than twins. And I think we won't adopt too, part of my reasons is that I want the baby to be biologically related to me...that's why I wouldn't go for donor egg option too...since the doctor told me each cycle the egg quality could vary. Hope you get your bfp soon! I understand(I guess all of us who are trying) how frustrating it is to really want something but keep seeing bfn....

Ask-I guess the price of IVF is similar in US. Here in Canada one cycle of IVF is covered for women under 40, but the waiting list is too long unless you pay out of your own pocket.

Rawan different provinces in Canada have different coverages for IVF. Here in Alberta nothing is covered for IVF.

I'm hoping that we all get our BFPs soon and that no one here will have to do IVF!

Rawan, I read that you need to be specific and ask about their live birth rate after each round for age group. If you just ask their success rate, they'll probably just tell you how many women they get pregnant. Yes, with IVF they can specify how many embryos they'll put back in. So they might put 1 or 2 and obviously you couldn't get any more than twins from 2! I feel you about always wanting to be a mum.

Belle, you're braver than me. I don't think I could find meaning in my life if I couldn't have kids. I definitely would need to find a new job. I'm not sure what I would do. I don't think I would give up until we'd tried everything. We've said definitely IVF and probably egg donor/sperm donor/embryo donor/surrogacy if it came to that. I think we would adopt or definitely foster.

I've got to have my AMH test done. I was trying to put it off because it costs $100 and I was hoping that I'd be pregnant by now (3 months since I was prescribed Clomid). I think I'll get it done when I get my CD 21 test done. It'll be good to know what my supply is like and also if it's low, to up the anti a little. But I'm expecting it to be normal or high because I have PCOS.

AF has nearly finished. That's been my shortest but heaviest AF in a long time!

Rawan - I have been thinking about you :hugs: it must be extremely hard to be in your situation and I don't know what to say to make you feel better. I agree with Sarah to find out what the success rates is for live births for women your age - and perhaps consider the Loan as Belle suggest. If you really want a baby - I say do what you can to make it happen (you only live once) and unfortunately its not guaranteed on the first round of IVF BUT you will never know if you don't try. I personally would leave IVF as a last resort in my situation BUT I am only 24 so I have some time.

I say give it all you got - the biggest risks usually have the biggest rewards.

I hope this helps a little.

IVF costs in SA is about R6000 - R7000 minimum (about 600 CAD if I convert it) and I have no idea if there is a waiting list though - things in South Africa work a bit differently. I would think there's a waiting list in Government hospitals, but not at Private hospitals. If all else fails you can buy a plane ticket and come and do it here. :hugs:

This is my first Clomid cycle, yes.

We did it this fine night, and I'm hoping and praying it's all working.

I've decided that I will contact my doctor for a trigger shot, 100%, next cycle if this one doesn't take.

It's now been 10 months of trying. I couldn't imagine doing all this for years on end. :( Each negative test I see breaks my heart so much more.

Rawan: I would def have a look if it might be worth travelling a bit for the IVF, if you know you can afford more than one round IVF you might feel less pressure and hence have a better shot:)

Also, what I'd look out for is those "extra cost" - are they included? Such as clomid or femara, trigger shot if necessary, ultrasounds and bloodwork etc etc? (I'm not sure what is needed for IVF to be honest) - I am trying to find back a clinic here in Thailand where they "guarantee" success / they let you try a few extra times if not working first few times.. I mean, you could get a 10 day vacation to Thailand AND IVF for cheaper than one round of IVF where you stay. Including flight and hotel ... But might be worth looking into other places in Canada / US (/Mexico?) first.. And as the others said, make sure you get the live birth - numbers :)

Let me know if you want me to look into the full prices here, we have one clinic really close by (10 min by foot) and next time I go to Samitivej I can ask there too.

AFM, FINALLY my thermometer arrived! My old one started to be a real pain in the ass (literally!!) so I am happy to start the new one tomorrow!! 2 digits and I can put it in the mouth ;) YAAAAY!! Oh, and I almost died when I saw what was written on the packaging!! (Sexual Wellness! - what?! with a thermometer?!!)

Yesterday AF didn't really show up, only the annoying cousin Spotting, whereas AF decided to come during the night, because it's more fun to be in pain than sleeping..

My husband asked what I want for Xmas, I now know my answer: IUI please!!
And its his bday next week so he'll get a pill box (now I need to find one or two supplements who help the sperm quality the best) and give to him !! Also, he will get a great book..

Attachments

• sketch-1480499176785.jpg
    sketch-1480499176785.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
Norelisa - I told my husband I want a baby for Christmas! AF is due around December 20th...hoping it's a JOYFUL Christmas.

I'm in awe here: I gave hubby 4 Brazil nuts (selenium covered) and a multivitamin I bought for myself a few months ago (I use special vitamins from UK), and he just took it, no question asked!! Yay!! Tomorrow I'll go get vitamin c and some other supplements. I Googled it, noted all they suggested and checked what was in the multi vitamin and checked what I could easily feed him to cover the needed vitamins. I think this is going the right way :)))

Yay that DH is being accommodating Norelisa,I hope it continues like this

Yay norelisa, I'd put it on his dinner plate each night if I was you haha. Just a silent subtle hint. Haha sexual wellness!

MsAC, good luck. I'm not sure if the trigger shot will help if you end up ovulating from the dose. It's my understanding that it just forces the eggs you've got there to ovulate. But you may very well do that on your own.

Joy, I'm the same. We actually thought we would have a baby by Christmas, like a 3-4 month old baby. A baby that we'd be celebrating Christmas with and everyone buying present for the first great grandchild.... now I'm just holding out the tiny sliver of hope we might get a BFP before Christmas. I'll be CD 30 on Christmas Day.

DH and were talking about next steps if this cycle and the next of Clomid don't work. He pulled the 'come off all medication and see your body sorts itself out' line. He said taking a break and focusing on something else for a while might help... I got quite annoyed and quite upset about it. In the end he agreed that doing nothing and taking a break was going to get us further away from where we wanted to be and that nothing was going to take my mind off this. He said I should look into what our plan will be and go back in January to the doctor and tell him exactly what we want to do. I'm thinking IUI.

Norelisa, that's great that your DH is cooperating! That's a step in the right direction!

I got a high reading on the clear blue advanced fertility monitor yesterday and today. This morning DH and I BDed and my left ovary felt tender, which usually happens around ovulation. It's only CD10 though! Next ultrasound is Friday. If follicles are mature might ask my doctor about triggering so we can be sure to time everything correctly!

Sarah - sounds like a good plan. I'm also not really in the wait and see camp...I want 2-3 children and my time is limited! Part of me feels like skipping IUI and going straight to IVF but there's a huge price difference. Since DH's SA was good, I'm not sure how much IUI would help...and I don't want to waste that money THEN pay for IVF. I guess next month we will see a RE and go from there.

Ask I've been having that exact same conversation on another board. There is also a much greater risk of multiples with IUI which also makes me nervous!!

I know, if this round doesn't work, I'll be telling my doctor I want the trigger shot.

No O again today, CD12, my CM seems to be changing, here's hoping all is going well.

I'd love to be able to see the growth of my follicles, but I don't mind this working the first time and not needing Clomid with monitoring ultrasounds. *fingers crossed*

So I feel kind of spammy because I've updated multiple threads but this Clomid Buddies thread has been a huge help for me.

I had my BFP on Monday, my HCG blood draw today, and have another HCG blood draw tomorrow to confirm if my numbers are increasing. I am completely thrilled and also in shock!

14dpo and my HCG is 279. Seems high so we will see what it is on Friday!

Either way, I know I couldn't have gotten this far without Clomid...

Glad to hear clomid worked for you. Femara is next on my list to try, Congratulations :)

Congrats, 2much! So happy for you! Did you do trigger shot each cycle of clomid?

Thanks ladies for the support! :)

Sarah-ok I will be specific and ask about the live birth rate. I think I will leave IVF as last resort. Perhaps I will try to get on the waiting list first, and meanwhile try the letrozole/follistism injection/ovidrel combination. I will not give up on my dream of being a mom. Glad to hear that your af is almost finished so you can start a new cycle! I guess heavy bleeding means uterine lining is thick, which is good!

Belle-Oh you are from Alberta! I live in Ontario, here one cycle is covered, but waiting list too long...yeah hope we can all get our bfp soon so we don't need IVF!

Nita-Yes, I will definitely try the IVF if everything else fails. I will try everything I can to be a mom. I will try the letrozole/follistism injection/ovidrel combination first and see how it goes. Like you said biggest risk may give me the biggest reward.

Norelisa-Yes, I will take that into consideration, IVF in other countries...if there's a very big difference, it might be worth it to do in a different country, I will think about it and discuss with dh, then it will be like a vacation lol :rofl:
Glad to hear that your thermometer arrived, now you can temp and know exactly when you ovulated!

2much-Congrats!! :) Very happy for you!

Baby dust to everyone! Hope we can all get our bfp soon, hopefully as our Christmas present! It will be the best Christmas present ever! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->