CLOMID COMBO NEWBIE Roller Coaster Ride Updates :)

miaculpa

Reaction score
Trying 50mg clomid cd3-7, then estradiol (to build the lining), then progesterone... has anyone else tried this protocol and what should I expect?

well, I am on cd6 (have 1 more pill left of clomid before I start the estradiol).

Have experienced nausea after taking the pill in the mornings, a little dizziness/drunk feeling, slightly cranky, and some constipation. All in all, it hasn't been a bad experience so far. It also cut my period shorter than usual and ALSO increased my libido for some reason.

I am going to keep track of my symptoms, etc here on this thread, as there is woefully little info on women who take clomid in their 40s on the forums. Lots of IVF, but very few clomid with the combo of drugs I am taking posts.

I also noticed an increase in libido on this stuff, which I guess is a good thing.

It also made my period shorter. I tend to bleed a full seven days. I started clomid on the third day after my period started and it was done within the day or so after, with very minimal spotting. I don't generally spot, I simply bleed the week (or longer) and always have.

cd 7-last day on the clomid- I start the estradiol portion tomorrow.

Ooooh, mood swings are AWFUL! They started last night and I feel like a super cranky beast.

The nausea and lack of appetite are worse this morning, too.

If any of you are starting clomid for the first time like I did, do yourselves a favor and eat something small before taking your first pill. It helps the nausea a LOT.

I am on the last day of the estradiol portion of the fertility combo-
OMG my skin is SO oily now- I look like an 13 yr old (skin-wise) and I haven't had blemishes in over 20 yrs!!

The stuff jacks up the libido... also, one can feel your ovaries working LOL. I have been mildly moody- appetite came back with the estrogen (it went away with clomid and I quite liked that part). I am super bloated right now. I am still a bit nauseous after I take the pills and have experienced nausea off and on since taking clomid.

I am doing OPKs, as my doctor said to not bother with temping. I have a feeling that I will be ovulating early this month, which I've read is common for people on Clomid.

I start progesterone on cd17 (or after I ovulate- IF I ovulate).

This has been a definite roller coaster ride!

think I am getting ready to O soon- woohoo!!

My ovaries feel like someone is squeezing them in a vise and I am having clear, stretchy cm now. Today was my last day of my estrogen pills.

Did OPKs and my last one looks like it is going into O phase in the next day or so :) SO excited!

Attachments

• opkphoto.jpg
    opkphoto.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
cd 13- the opks are holding steady, but not equally as dark yet.

I am IN SO MUCH PAIN, it feels like someone is squeezing my ovaries- this morning when I woke up, I also had this incredibly heavy crampy feeling that is now radiating to my uterine area. My lower back is sore, too.

It is extremely uncomfortable to BD and I noticed that my cervix was even sore.

If I didn't know better, I would think it was AF cramps.

I've resigned myself to taking a pain pill and 'doing it' for God and my Country (like the Victorian women did LOL). I've never had such discomfort quite like this. I am also bloated. I doubt it's OHSS, but it's still no fun.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! CD13!!!

I am so excited, you would think that this is a BFP LOLOL

Attachments

• pos13opk.jpg
    pos13opk.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 3
On O day (and two days prior), had HORRENDOUS pains. I seriously thought my crotch was going to fall off! I even had a tender cervix, which made it difficult to BD.

We used soft cups after BDing and I BD'd til 2dpo...

The pains subsided gradually and now I am feeling marginally better. Started progesterone supplements today at 3 dpo.

I have also been experiencing nausea since 1 dpo-- so bad that I was almost sick in our car (which has never happened before).

At 2 DPO was incredibly tired and thirsty

Today's side effect de jour: Itchy EVERYTHING- skin, scalp, breasts... and a cold sore is forming! I rarely get them and haven't had one in YEARS.

4 dpo

I have been very cranky, like a 2 yr old. CM is getting pasty, lotiony, but not prolific. I had lots of creamy cm with my pregnancy in December, so, with my luck I probably am out this month. My boobs have no soreness, nada.

I took the progesterone orally this morning (it can go down below or down the hatch, either way)... maybe it will stop the horrendous itching I've been experiencing- maybe not- Idk.

Yesterday was the first day we didn't BD in 2 weeks. It feels lovely to have a break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->