Clomid experiences/success stories welcome here!!

princess2406

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys💙
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am so happy as today went to the hospital for some more tests and they have given me my first prescription of clomid!! :happydance:

I had my final consultation today and the docs said everything is normal with me and oh (all results clear on lap/dye test, scan and oh sperm count). I did have a blood test a few months ago which showed that particular month I hadnt ovulated but this has been the only blood test.

They are starting me off with 50g for the first 6 months.

If anyone has any success stories or experiences taking clomid this would greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! x x

Hi
I too have just recently been prescribed clomid! It's so exciting! I am due to start taking it tomorrow. I am so hoping it will work and like you I am keen to hear other peoples experiences. I don't know whether to take it morning or night or whether to use my clearblue ovulation monitor. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Good luck xx

Hey girls, I don't have any personal experience, but a close friend of mine and her DH underwent all tests that came back normal. She conceived on her second cycle on clomid and is now the mother of a beautiful 2 month old.

Good luck, hope your wait is short.

Thank you for this - it's always good to hear positive outcomes! x

Hi
I too have just recently been prescribed clomid! It's so exciting! I am due to start taking it tomorrow. I am so hoping it will work and like you I am keen to hear other peoples experiences. I don't know whether to take it morning or night or whether to use my clearblue ovulation monitor. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Good luck xx

Hi there,

I have read some women prefer to take it at night because of the side effects but then everyone is different. I think I will take mine in the morning, although I have a couple of weeks to wait yet.

How long have you been ttc?

Good luck x x

Hey girls, I don't have any personal experience, but a close friend of mine and her DH underwent all tests that came back normal. She conceived on her second cycle on clomid and is now the mother of a beautiful 2 month old.

Good luck, hope your wait is short.

Thanks for this, really nice to hear success stories!

Good luck to you ttc x x

If you go to the LTTTC section there is another section there called Sucess stories there is a few in there :) xxxx

hi i was on 50mg clomid on days 2-6.....i conceived on my 4th cycle of taking it after ttc for 17 mths...am now almost 22 weeks pregnant with twins!! good luck clomid is fab!! xx

I'll be taking 50mg clomid from my next cycle also :D That's if this one ends lol Should be taking on CD2-6, CD2 should have been today by AF still hasn't shown.

I am on my 2nd cycle of clomid and currently in the 2ww I think.. That's another story.

I would LOVE to get BFP this cycle and be done with the stress!

Hi Brandy....

I too am on my 2nd cycle of Clomid and also in the TWW. I am going to test on Friday - if I can hold out that long! LOL....doing so much symptom spotting...and driving myself crazy!!!

For those new to Clomid....the side effects can be quite daunting. I started with 50mg and the symptoms were not bad. I was increased to 100mg day 4-10 and experienced mood swings, hot flashes around "o", and bloating!. But it's all worth it if it works!!!!

Good luck to you all and baby dust to all of you!

Hi, I was prescribed clomid for unexplained infertility after TTC for nearly 2 years. We conceived on our second cycle, so I am a success story!! I took it at night to combat any side effects and that seemed to work although I was particularly hot at night. Good luck ladies. x

Well this was my 2nd day of my first cycle on clomid. Still no side effects - don't know if that's good or bad? I mean, if you don't have side effects, does that mean it might not be working? Or am I overthinking it?

I opted to take it in the morning too, hoping work will be big enough distraction!

I start my Clomid today. Going to take it before bedtime though so I, hopefully, escape any side effects.

hi i was on 50mg clomid on days 2-6.....i conceived on my 4th cycle of taking it after ttc for 17 mths...am now almost 22 weeks pregnant with twins!! good luck clomid is fab!! xx

:happydance: Congratulations!!! x x

Hi, I was prescribed clomid for unexplained infertility after TTC for nearly 2 years. We conceived on our second cycle, so I am a success story!! I took it at night to combat any side effects and that seemed to work although I was particularly hot at night. Good luck ladies. x

:happydance: Congratulations! x

Keep us updated on how you get on Cheeky! And thanks to everyone for your stories and experiences.

Big congrats to ladies that have concieved on clomid. Cant wait to start taking it soon! x

Keep the success stories experiences coming ladies as it really does give myself and others hope! x

Hi everyone,

Had 2 cycles of clomid 50mg days2-6 and today have had some pink discharge (sorry for the details) and some stringy red blood (little amount) so gather my AF is on it's way so I'll be starting my 3rd cycle of clomid in couple days!!
1st month of clomid my D9 scan showed 3 follicles under 10mm in size then my scan on d15 showed 1 follicle 17mm. My d21 bloods showed my progesterone levels were 41 so did ovulate but no pregnancy!!
2nd month of clomid d2-6 50mg d9 scan showed 1 follicle 13mm so bigger than previous month but only 1!! OPKs were very random this month with positive results on d14, d17,d20 and d21 so confused as to when I ovulated. Gynae didn't give me scans this month or bloods and won't next month!!

Jut really heartbroken and only have one friend who is more like a sister to me that I can talk to buy I know it Souds weird but she has 2 kids and my cousin who I always spoke to is pregnant an doesn't support me as she turns the conversation onto her baby and pregnancy which is understandable but still upsetting!!

My partner is lovely, but he says not to stress and if it doesn't happen he won't leave me he loves me more than anything but it still doesn't help!! And my sister In law was in same position and ha seen trying for years to have a baby and has just found out a week ago she is couple weeks pregnant and I'm happy for her but still makes me feel why can it not happen to me aswell!!

I don't know anyone who is going through this clomid experience or IUI (which will be my next step) just feel so alone and helpless!!

Please please please anyone help??

Hello,

Clomid was not successful for me but it is for many. I see this thread is almost 4 years old so I am not sure if the others on it are still active.. You might try looking through the assisted conception threads I know there are lot of current clomid and femara users there that I am sure can give you support and advice

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/

I am sorry you're going through this trying time and wish you the very best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->