Clomid + Metformin (Glucophage 500mg) Success stories needed here!!!!

PrayingLady

Reaction score
Got my prescription today for Clomid 50mg and Metformin (Glucophage 500mg).. I pray this does this trick!!! I'm soo excited... Finally I feel like were doing something. Anyone had success stories on these?:happydance:

Hi there :wave:

I dont have a success story yet Im afraid, but id like to stalk this thread to hear some!
Im on cd7 of my 3rd month on clomid 50mg and metformin 500mg. I have pcos and it has changed my cycles from 52 days to 28 days, ovulating on exactly cd14. So that in itself is a success. Just trying to catch the egg now!! :thumbup:

:dust: to you!

I dont have a success story yet Im afraid, but id like to stalk this thread to hear some!
Im on cd7 of my 3rd month on clomid 50mg and metformin 500mg. I have pcos and it has changed my cycles from 52 days to 28 days, ovulating on exactly cd14. So that in itself is a success. Just trying to catch the egg now!! :thumbup:

Thanks hun!!! :)

I can't offer a success story either, BUT im on 1500mg Metformin (i just started taking it again) and i will be on 50mg Clomid CD 5-9 starting on my next cycle. Im not TTC my first, but i never had any issues with TTC (not that i was ever really trying) and of course not that i AM ttc i have issues ! Also i conceived all my children weighing 210, or less, and im now weighing in around 245.

To warn you about the Metformin, and at 500mg you may not have much of an issue, but it can cause some GI upset (gas, bloating, diarrhea) and the clomid side effects can be the same as early pregnancy and or AF (since there's not such thing as early pregnancy symptoms, all "early" pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same as AF symptoms). I got really excited for sore boobs my first cycle of clomid (i only did 2 cycles, a year ago) and then had my period lol. I shouldn't have googled but i did and i realized that the clomid side effects can mimic most common pregnancy symptoms... just to warn you :)

I can't offer a success story either, BUT im on 1500mg Metformin (i just started taking it again) and i will be on 50mg Clomid CD 5-9 starting on my next cycle. Im not TTC my first, but i never had any issues with TTC (not that i was ever really trying) and of course not that i AM ttc i have issues ! Also i conceived all my children weighing 210, or less, and im now weighing in around 245.

To warn you about the Metformin, and at 500mg you may not have much of an issue, but it can cause some GI upset (gas, bloating, diarrhea) and the clomid side effects can be the same as early pregnancy and or AF (since there's not such thing as early pregnancy symptoms, all "early" pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same as AF symptoms). I got really excited for sore boobs my first cycle of clomid (i only did 2 cycles, a year ago) and then had my period lol. I shouldn't have googled but i did and i realized that the clomid side effects can mimic most common pregnancy symptoms... just to warn you :)

Thanks for the reply. Well I'm actually on metformin 1500mg... When do you take yours? It does make me feel horrible. My dr. prescribed one before each meal but I wanna know if its okay to just take them at night before bed.. (all 3 pills that is?) what do you think? The side effects are making me feel nauseated.

I take them throughout the day. However ive been told the side effects should only last about a week. Im not sure if you can take all 1500 at once but i would seriously avoid that ! I can imagine you'd be on the toilet ALL night !

As of now when i take one i do have diarrhea not long after wards (i also drink coffee in the morning, not entirely helpful lol). the first day i too kthem all again i was on the toilet for 45 min at night, then back up twice, once in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning

It hasn't been AS bad since :)

I take them throughout the day. However ive been told the side effects should only last about a week. Im not sure if you can take all 1500 at once but i would seriously avoid that ! I can imagine you'd be on the toilet ALL night !

As of now when i take one i do have diarrhea not long after wards (i also drink coffee in the morning, not entirely helpful lol). the first day i too kthem all again i was on the toilet for 45 min at night, then back up twice, once in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning

It hasn't been AS bad since :)

lol..thanks for the advice. I will keep chugging along with them! I start clomid whenever af shows. Hoping she doesn't ...lol!

Same boat. Im due around the 28th, so we'll see :)

This glucophage is not fun at all though. I have no appetite... always have this metallic taste, tmi (diarrhea)... ughhhh... Its wearing me out...:dohh:

My appetite fluctuates ive noticed. Ive been trying to eat oatmeal every morning, and by 9am im hungry again but i normally put it off and then forget to eat lunch and then dont have much of a dinner appetite =/ and the pooping.... oh the pooping *sigh*

But we'll continue along and see what happens !

My appetite fluctuates ive noticed. Ive been trying to eat oatmeal every morning, and by 9am im hungry again but i normally put it off and then forget to eat lunch and then dont have much of a dinner appetite =/ and the pooping.... oh the pooping *sigh*

But we'll continue along and see what happens !

Yesss... this TTC road is sooo hard.. :(

OMG I guess the clomid and glucophage worked for you!!!!!!!!:happydance:

Yes it did indeed :happydance: on the 4th month. I found out at 10dpo, so I feel like I've been pregnant for ages already even though I'm only 6+2!
I have a scan on may 4th (8week mark) to hopefully see the heart beat. I'm continuing the metformin for the first tri as it has been proven to significantly reduce miscarriage in people with PCOS.

:dust: to all of you. If it happened to me, it WILL happen to you!! :hugs:

Yes it did indeed :happydance: on the 4th month. I found out at 10dpo, so I feel like I've been pregnant for ages already even though I'm only 6+2!
I have a scan on may 4th (8week mark) to hopefully see the heart beat. I'm continuing the metformin for the first tri as it has been proven to significantly reduce miscarriage in people with PCOS.

:dust: to all of you. If it happened to me, it WILL happen to you!! :hugs:

Well ive been taking the glucophage since feb. when I posted this. I took the clomid in march. However around the time of ovulation i was in sooo much pain that hubby refused to dtd. So we missed the window. * It was horrible* this month Im just taking the glucophage. Took a break from the clomid. (after 1 try) lol..... I wanted to go back at the clomid again this month but unfortunately hubby is going away for three weeks. So I gess its gonna be another break from clomid.

Anyways.. Im happy it worked out for youuuu!!! H&H 9months!!! :)

You've given me hope!

Your body can need time to get used to the clomid. It gave me pain in my left ovary, I was due to have a scan to check it out when i fell pregnant. It also didnt work perfectly the first month, I only ovulated on cd18, but it was cd14/15 exactly every month after that.
I hope you find a way that works for you. Ive heard of people switching to femera if the clomid gives them trouble. I wish you all the best.I might see you in the pregnancy forums soon :dust:

Your body can need time to get used to the clomid. It gave me pain in my left ovary, I was due to have a scan to check it out when i fell pregnant. It also didnt work perfectly the first month, I only ovulated on cd18, but it was cd14/15 exactly every month after that.
I hope you find a way that works for you. Ive heard of people switching to femera if the clomid gives them trouble. I wish you all the best.I might see you in the pregnancy forums soon :dust:

thanks hun!!

All the best.

First round of Clomid (100mg) didn't work for me as I didn't even ovulate. 2nd round, I was bumped up to 150mg of clomid and 1500mg metformin. I finally ovulated after a year and we caught two eggs. Now I'm preggers with twins. Don't lose hope cause the clomid/metformin combo works. Good luck ladies.

Hi am very new to this sort of chatting but thought I would give it a try.
Here is my story. After ttc for 2 years my husband and I finally got our bfp only to lose our baby 2 weeks later, surprisingly 6 weeks after the miscarriage I got another bfp and my ob put me on progesterone and clexane injections to see if this would help but unfortunately I lost the baby again at 10 weeks. It has now been 6 mths since our last miscarriage and since then have been diagnosed with PCOS which is really frustrating. Even though I ovulate and I get my periods I have a short luteal phase where my follies do not mature enough. My ob has now put me on 50mg clomid which I started yesterday and 250mg metformin. We are hoping this combo works and we get a sticky bean this time. Will keep everyone updated on progress.

My husband and I struggled to conceive due to PCOS for two years. After my ovarian drilling surgery this past winter and Clomid we finally got our :bfp: this week!!! :dust: Keep the faith!!!

First round of Clomid (100mg) didn't work for me as I didn't even ovulate. 2nd round, I wad bumped up to 150mg of clomid and 1500mg metformin. I finally ovulated after a year and we caught two eggs. Now I'm preggers with twins. Don't lose hope cause the clomid/metformin combo works. Good luck ladies.

Thank you sooo much.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"