Clomid newbie

Jilliank2005

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This is my first post in this section of the forum - on my first cycle of clomid (50mg CD2-6) and metformin for 2 months. I am anovulatory but I do not reach criteria for PCOS on bloods and my ultrasound is 'below the usual size cut off for PCOS'. My cycles last 42-60 days. So my consultant thought he would treat me as if I have PCOS.

I had my day 10 scan yesterday and I don't understand what's happening. This will be my only scan this cycle. The scan says "the left ovary contains multiple follicles (but no comment on size), with the right ovary containing a thick walled cyst ? Simple cyst. The endometrium is 2.7 mm."

So at this point is it ok just to have multiple small follicles - or should there be a dominant one by now? Has anyone who has serial scans seen this early on and gone on to have real ovulation later?

And that endometrial thickness doesn't look good! I've spent the whole of yesterday trying to look at legitimate scientific papers on endometrial thickness but ive just depressed myself!!!

And of course I've got the OPKs - convinced this would be the first month I get a positive .... and nothing is happening.

I naively thought clomid would solve everything and I'd get a normal 28 day cycle and a pregnancy! I know we have a long way to go and many options still ahead.

50 mg of clomid didn't work for me either. At my 12 day scan my largest follicle was 11 and my lining was 7... so the doctor cancelled my IUI for that week! :cry:

The following month she upped the clomid to 150mg... and pushed my scan back to day 13. My follicle was 17 and lining was 10. I did the trigger shot and then had my 1st IUI -- Not pregnant!

This cycle I took 150mg Clomid again... day 13 my follicle was 20! :D And lining 10. Plus a few smaller follicles also in the teens. I did the trigger shot and then had my 2nd IUI on Thursday.

Sounds like you need to increase the Clomid! Good luck!! :flower:

Thanks - I was so naive assuming it would just work first cycle! My body is so rubbish! Im over the initial disappointment - thank you for your response - glad to hear higher doses work! My consultant is going to have me monitored at a different place next cycle too.

Good luck -- I hope next cycle is more successful for you!

Just for people who search threads over various issues... My day 21 progesterone did show I ovulated on this dose despite the pessimistic day 10 scan. 11dpo then and too scared to test!

This is my first cycle on 50mg and I'm 1dpo

Anyone else having extreme discomfort on one side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->