Clomid Question...

Mommy's Angel

Mommy to Angelboy 10/22/9
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

This was my first cycle of Clomid. I was on 50mg and had my 3rd sonogram on Friday when they discovered the follies were in fact getting smaller. My estroidial level wasn't high enough either.

I was supposed to go through with Clomid then an trigger shot and then an IUI but since the insurance will only cover 6 in a lifetime, I'm assuming they didn't want to waste the IUI on levels that weren't all that high.

My question is that I've still been taking the OPK's just to kind of get to know my body. I have PCOS so nothing has ever been normal. In fact, our son was conceived by surprise as I don't often get periods and I was told I don't ovulate.

Anyways, My question is that yesterday and today, the OPK had a slight line in it which is different than most other tests. I know the instructions say to only keep an eye out for a full line on the bottom, but my husband and I feel this is something different for my body.

Is it possible to ovulate on just Clomid alone without the trigger shot?

If the OB's office said the follies weren't growing anymore and my estroidial levels weren't as high as they'd like to see them...is it possible to still get pregnant?

We bd'd just in case, but I'm wondering if that was a wrong thing to do or not?!

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Rebekah

Maybe ask your doc about Femara (letrozole), I have heard it works better for women with PCOS than Clomid.

you don't need the trigger shot, they only give that so they can determine your ovulation
by forcing your body to ovulate x hours after the shot.

i'm on clomid too (100mg) and i'm not getting a trigger shot, and they'll do the IUI the day after i get a positive OPK (which i'm anxiously awaiting)

Hi hun, I have pcos and do not ovulate on my own either, I am on clomid 50mg and do not get a trigger shot, clomid will make you ovulate on its own, I did get pregnant on my 3rd cycle of clomid last time but sadly we lost the baby in January.. I take my temps to tell me if and when I ovulate, as was told by the manufactures and my drs that the ovulation tests are not accurate with ladies who have pcos, so temping is my only way and is always accurate!

good luck with the clomid

Hi hun, I have pcos and do not ovulate on my own either, I am on clomid 50mg and do not get a trigger shot, clomid will make you ovulate on its own, I did get pregnant on my 3rd cycle of clomid last time but sadly we lost the baby in January.. I take my temps to tell me if and when I ovulate, as was told by the manufactures and my drs that the ovulation tests are not accurate with ladies who have pcos, so temping is my only way and is always accurate!

good luck with the clomid

It's probably too late for me to take temps this month..but when should I start temping?

Also, I'm told once I get pregnant I'll have Progesterone in Oil shots...they did say progesterone suppositories, but I'm succeptable to chronic yeast infections and the suppositories make it too moist (sorry for the tmi). Just wondering with your loss, if they recommended that once you get pregnant.

I had a second trimester (22 week gestation) loss where I delivered my son, but they refused to take any measures. So he passed away 25 minutes later. Now they've decided I'll have progesterone early on and most likely throughout most of my pregnancy and then at 14 or 15 weeks will cerclage the cervix.

Was wondering if you were given that recommendation for future pregnancies??

Cedar, thanks for the recommendation for Femara. I'll have to check into it as I know nothing about it.

This process is SO unpredictable. :nuts: Is anyone else loopy on Provera? I get RAGE with provera and then with Clomid I'm fine again. They told me not to take anything until CD 30 because they say Clomid sometimes starts AF. It'll be interesting to see.

Thanks Everyone!

You can start temping anytime, its best to do it when you start your next period as then you can see how your temp is as you approach ovulation, it will drop the day you ovulate and rise again the day after and stay consistently higher until the witch next arrives if you are pregnant it will stay up! If you are still early on in your cycle then I would start temping, it will help you read your body, I have found it so accurate and it stops me asking myself all the time what is going on! lol

I have not been told to take anything, both times they said I was just very unlucky and they could not see a reason why it would happen again.. so i am trying to stay positive and believe that 3rd time really will be lucky for us...

Thank You for your post. I'll start this next cycle. Maybe that will help me. It's honestly so unpredictable.

So sorry about your losses and I'm praying you get a bfp soon and carry a happy healthy baby to term. I can't wait to hear the news when it happens! ((hugs))

Thank you, lets hope we both get our BFP very soon, re taking your temp, make sure you get a good thermometer, I got mine from babymad on the internet (Amazon sell them too) they are cheap but very accurate. Not sure how much you know about temping but if you are unsure come and stalk me, my journal link is below.. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->