Clomid question

snuggles82

Reaction score
I posted this in the assisted conception forum, not sure which one to use so i'll use both.

I have PCOS and only naturally ovulate about 6 times a year. I was put on Clomid a little over 3 1/2 years ago. We got pregnant on the 3rd round of 50mg. My DH is in the military so we move around a lot and am seeing a different doctor than I was last time.
We are TTC #2. My new doctor wants to start me on clomid 50mg and raise it by 50mg every month until I get pregnant (or 6 months is up which ever comes first). He wants to be aggressive since I am almost 30 and only have 1 year to TTC (now 9 months) before DH ships out again. He didn't do any testing, he just looked at my previous medical records and wrote a prescription. his motto was that if it worked the first time it will probably work again.

over the last 6 months I have started to spot a couple of days before my AF is due. I read online that this could be due to low progesterone levels, which of course my doctor didn't test for.

Will Clomid increase my progesterone levels if they are in fact too low?
Can I use a progesterone cream after I O, or should I just wait to see how I will react to 50mg.

Hello,

I am new here and came upon your post. I too am a Navy wife. We are stationed in Hawaii. I saw the normal family care dr for my annual and she put a referral in for me to see the GYN clinic on base. I went to that appt today and he did prescribe me the medicine BUT on my labs he also ordered all those tests to be run. Is it possible they have run those with your blood work? It seems very crazy to me that the dr would just hand it out to you. Are you being seen at the Bremerton Naval Hospital? Good luck to you!!!!

No at the Bangor clinic on the Bangor base. The Dr. looked at my previous history where my previous doctor ran every test known to man and after reviewing my history he gave me the clomid prescription. I don't even have to go in and see him again. If I get AF this month, then all I have to do is e-mail him and he will submit another prescription for 100mg. I was shocked that he didn't do any tests either. He didn't even do a yearly exam, which shocked me because my pap smear last year came back irregular. He said he would do an exam at the end of the 6 months, and that it was normal for women to get abnormal tests now and again.
He was so laxed about the whole thing, even DH was surprised. But in his defense I have concieved on clomid in the past without needing anyother medication, so going based on history alone I would probably have done the same thing.

Is this your first time TTC? maybe the reason he didn't run any additional tests on me is because I've had all the tests done in the past (blood work, hsg, etc.)

Wow, that is quite surprising that the doctor was so lax. This isn't our first time ttc...we have 2 daughters 8 and 5. It's just the first time that I am experiencing any type of infertility. Good luck to you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->