Clomid when already ovulating on your own...?

MKAC2005

Reaction score
My RE wants me to try Clomid for my next cycle. I have been hearing HORRIBLE stories of side effects, etc with this medication! I already ovulate on my own and have regular cycles. I need some advice from ladies who have taken this med or in a similar situation please! Is there another alternative medicine that does the same thing? I have read that Clomid makes you have better quality eggs if you already ovulate on your own, but how much does it really increase your odds of pregnancy? Any advice is welcome, thank you!

Didn't want to read and run. I'd be interested in the answer to this too. We've been trying for baby #2 for over two years. I just had a blood test that showed that I am ovulating and an hsg to show my tubes are clear. I have a follow up appointment on Friday and will ask for a sa for hubby but the doctor did mention meds at the first appointment. My cycle is longer than normal but regular and I am ovulating.

Clomid will help you make bigger eggs and possibly multiple eggs which raise the chance that hopefully at least one will be fertilized. negative things about clomid are it can dry up fertile mucus making it difficult for the sperm to swim to the egg but if this happens you can use a sperm friend lube like pre-seed ,and clomid can thin the uterine lining making it difficult for a pregnancy to stick and the symptoms in the 2ww are much more extreme then with natural cycles. I was so moody in the 2ww I decided it was not worth it. Femara ( letrozole) and tamoxifen are alternatives to clomid they still stimulate egg production but without alot of the side effects of clomid.

Thank you! I was wondering about any alternatives to Clomid since i've been hearing a lot of scary side effects.

HI there, I was just skimming by, :) Thought I would give you my two cents. This is my first round of clomid, the side effects are mild, or at least they are for me. However, this is my first dose. The biggest thing was one hot flash that felt like I was cooking in the kitchen, it wasn't bad just different because I have never felt anything like that before. My moods are not out of wack, I am not doubled over when I ovulated; I heard and read it all. Bottom line, everyone reacts to it differently, and everyone metabolizes things differently. Knowing this made me try it, I figured if I did one round of clomid and the side effect are harsh, I do not have to do the second and third round, but I tried it at least. So far so good. Take care

I ovulate on my own also...but I'm trying Femara this month. I'm on day 9 (took Femara days 3-7). So far so good. I can feel stuff working already in terms of my ovaries doing something. Not painful but discomfort. The chances of multiples are approx 6% per my doctor and the side effect profile is less with Femara than clomid. If clomid doesn't do the trick, or makes you feel awful, try Femara.
Clomid in general has been used a lot longer than Femara but Femara is becoming increasingly popular. I work at an OB/Gyn office and I've seen success with both!! Fingers crossed for all of us!

I ovulate on my own and have checked out as totally fertile with unexplained infertility. DH has checked out and has a clean bill of health, as well. We had a MMC one year ago.

This month is my first round of Clomid. I am currently 7dpo. Yes, it's made me moodier, but it's nothing I can't handle. Thankfully, DH is very supportive and handling my moods quite well.

Prior to Clomid, my progesterone levels were 10.4, which is the low end of normal. My OBGYN called today and ON clomid (50mg) they have shot up to 52.9, which I have been told is absolutely wonderful and great for pregnancy. I took is CDs 5-9 with the intent to produce better quality eggs.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you! I was wondering about any alternatives to Clomid since i've been hearing a lot of scary side effects.

There is absolutely and alternative to CLomid. There is almost always an alternative to a medicine. You and your partner should both give Maca powder a try. Nativas (sp) Maca. Put one teaspoon a day in a smoothie for each of you, or mix it with some juice and drink it down.

It helps you have a STONG O. Google Maca BFP. Be sure not to take more than a teaspoon since you are already regular. Your body seems to just need a boost of nutrients. Maca is loaded and I mean loaded with nutrients. It is a peruvian food and not a herb. It does wonders for fertility. I am technically infertile and the first time I ever ovulated I was on Maca. I actually felt it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->