Cloth bum advice?

A

AppleBlossom

Hi ladies, never ventured in here before lol I was thinking of trying Grace with cloth nappies as disposable ones are expensive. I was wondering what advice you could all give me. Like which are the best make? How do you use them, clean them etc. The thing that initially put me off doing it early on was the poo situation but I realise that there is obviously some sort of liner in that you dispose of like a nappy? I really have no idea where to start so any advice would be appreciated.

p.s If I do get some I reeeally want an animal print one :lol:

hi hun,
littlestar has written a few articles to help new starters

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/01/cloth-nappies-getting-started/

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/04/cloth-nappies-faqs/

when starting out you might want to try a few different types to see what suits,
you can buy preloved from cloth nappy tree forum and natural mamas forum x

^^ sezzlebum - you beat me to it! :haha:

the links are in my siggy too!

so glad they're getting used though! :blush:

Thanks :) they sound majorly complicated lol liners and wraps and everything

it's not that complicated.

i've linked the different types of nappies in the article, you might find looking at the types easiest to start with. then working out whether you want btp or sized (you could get away with buying just larges/size 2's) then the types of material ie man made/natural.

if your not sure about types initially you can buy pre-loved nappies.

When I first started it seemed so complicated but once you actually look at the nappy in front if you it's simple. There are so many different types your going to have to make up your own mind which you prefer! But in my opinion itti bitty, issy bear and bambooty are my faves. As for animal prints, blueberry do some good ones but bear in mind they are probably one of the most expensive brands. Cloth can also be expensive to start off with (especially with all the pretty nappies!) but long term is so much cheaper and nicer for baby too! You can get disposable liners but I prefer fleece liners

you can make your own fleece liners too from a fleece blanket, just cut them out :)
its easy once you know what you want, going off the age of your LO, shed probably be in larges
pocket nappys and aio's (all in ones) dont need a wrap and when bought new they usually have the boosters, i tend to use those as im lazy lol
theres lots of different brands, blueberry, itti, wee notions (tho with these you buy the inserts seperate)cushie tushies, their the ones i use and i love em :)
theres also green kids minkee which have animal prints (zebra,leopard etc) as well as blueberry and cushie (cushie has a giraffe one) itti has 3 animal prints (giraffe, tiger and moo but moo and giraffe are veeeeeeeeeeery difficult to get hold of x

bex theyre not complicated, if you liek when we have this meet i will bring a few different ones and you can have a look at them all and see what you think?

x

it does seem complicated but it makes so much more sense when you actually see them! i met a nappy guru from fill your pants before deciding on onesize pockets (bumgenius v3) and onesize all in ones (pop ins) as they seemed simplest and good nappies.
i still prefer pockets and all in ones but ive sence acquired two parrters with wraps as well.
its really fun experimenting too :)

it's not all that complicated, agree with the others and for me personally made a lot more sense once i could see them.

Unless you arethinking of baby number 2 though i'd think carefully about buying one size nappies as they're getting a bit short on my LO now and she's a tad younger and particularly big. :flower:

bexy I am also looking into cloth only now ...
littlestar (oh wise wise one lol) what would you recommend or call a 'starter pack'
like the basics to use if I wanted to try it out?

a good place to start at the mo (because they're on offer) are the bumgenius range babipur has flips, v3's and organics at 20% off. that would be three different types of nappy for you to try - hybrid, pocket and all in one!

i have some pre-loved nappies on the cloth swap/sell at the mo which are birth to potty i have some bumgenius v2's, coolababy and a few other pocket nappies all under £7.
unfortunately microfibre doesn't work well for us as Q is quiet a heavy wetter. however you won't really know unless you try a cloth nappy as sposies hold so much!!!

Celine it was your comment that inspired my new article! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->