Cloth bum expert needed

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have been using Bum genius' on Ly now for 6 months, but I fancy trying some new ones too. I love bum genius, they are really good leak wise and being all in one makes it easier for me.

I want something that has good aniti leakage properties (lol) but one that is also easy to deal with. Oh and if they come in cute colours, patterns and fluffs well that is a bonus lol!

What I love about my BG is that they are birth to potty... so something that grows with baby would be useful too!

Sorry if I have asked too much, I just want some advice on which are good to go for! so to clarify

* no leaks
*all in on (or easy to deal with waterproof layer)
*cute colours and textures
*preferrably a nappy that grows with baby

thanks x

i'm am def no expert honey, but we have been using blueberrys and itti bitti's and would def recommend them. would be good to see what others prefer too :)

Ive tried a fair few but dont consider myself to be an expert!
but from my experiences, I love BG 's, they are fab but a bit dull.....

Ok, from what youve put up there^ I would say Blueberrys as these are plush, cute, pockets, BTP but are bulky......but for a girl would be better as you can put skirts/dresses/tights on instead of pants. Quite expensive at about £21 each!

Itti's are my personal fave as they are so slim, low rise, snap in ones, but are sized.......how big is Lylah now though? She might be ready for the large size which would do her until potty trained.

These are both velour on the outer and once you start using them, nothing else feels as nice on babys skin or to pinch!

For what you've just asked for I would suggest Blueberrys (although a tad pricey :blush:). They're very similar in design to the BG's but come in fab colours/patterns!

Blueberry Minky or Deluxe;

* Birth to Potty
* Fab Colours/Patterns
* Poppers or Hook & Loop (velcro) Fastening
* Pocket Style Nappies (One Insert so not too much fuss)

I can't really comment on leaks as I haven't been using them long enough but I would say they're brill overall nappies! :D

HTH's...I'm sure other girls could recommend some others who are 'experts'!

x

***Edit*** You can also buy sized Blueberrys with poppers on the side but I haven't tried these. I didn't mention them as you said you wanted Birth to Potty. They also do wraps too! :D

I have to say though, I'm loving the Itti Bitti's on Deri like Jacqui said and because Deri is in the large size I won't need to buy more because he won't go up a size! x

Blueberrys for one sized, and Itti Bittis for sized!

The blueberry's fit all your points. I use them everyday and have never had a leak. Even with horrible weaning poos :sick: :lol:

Im no expert either as we've only just started, but I've just bought a couple of bambinex teddy nappys. They are sooooo soft, like those fluffy dressing gowns and then you just use a wrap over. The great thing is you can get lots of fab wraps (blueberry, bambinex, tots bots all nice colours) and then just have a shaped nappy underneath. I wasnt originally going to use these as I though the pocket nappies would be easier, but I dont find it any different to stuffing the inserts into the pockets.. Its certainly not more work having a shaped nappy and then a wrap. PLUS the teddy nappy is practically dry out the washing machine as its that sorta fabric! Anyway... Sorry gone off on one abit.. Theyre just so soft and lovely! :D x

Just to add, Ive NEVER had any sort of leak with a Blueberry even when its been on 12 hours!

My itti leaked after it had been on 7 hours so I dont tend to use them for bed.:thumbup:

Im no expert either as we've only just started, but I've just bought a couple of bambinex teddy nappys. They are sooooo soft, like those fluffy dressing gowns and then you just use a wrap over. The great thing is you can get lots of fab wraps (blueberry, bambinex, tots bots all nice colours) and then just have a shaped nappy underneath. I wasnt originally going to use these as I though the pocket nappies would be easier, but I dont find it any different to stuffing the inserts into the pockets.. Its certainly not more work having a shaped nappy and then a wrap. PLUS the teddy nappy is practically dry out the washing machine as its that sorta fabric! Anyway... Sorry gone off on one abit.. Theyre just so soft and lovely! :D x

How are you getting on with them hun? Any leaks etc? xx

Thankyou all! You have given me some brands to research now :D Jac Ly is pretty huge, she is probably pushing 18 and a half-19lb lol, so large would probably be the one!
Suggestions still welcome and thanks again!
xxxx

Have a look at the deals and discounts thread too, as we've posted the cheapest cloth prices we can find :)

How are you getting on with them hun? Any leaks etc? xx

Not yet, and it was on for about 3 hours this morning AND she had a poo in it! but I havent been using them long enough to really know. But theyre so snug I wish I had some knickers made of them lol! :haha: xxx

Crikes Mel, Leo must be gigantic then :rofl: hes only just 4 months and already weighs 18lbs.:thumbup:

anyway, my point is hes in the medium size and is only on the 2nd snap (well one showing when fastened) and they will fit him for a while yet.......so if shes long she may need a medium......if you get the large and they are too big they can leak.

She is a long baby. Hahaha I always thought Lylah was big for her age, she was only 6lb 3 when she was born but she made up for it, she went from the 9th centile to 75th in no time haha!
Ok, in that case I will probably opt for medium.
On BG she is on the 2nd set of poppers size wise
xxxxx

Leo's on the 2nd set too on the BG organic, the other BG's I have are velcro.

Sounds like shes about the same size as my lil fatso!

Fuzzi Bunz are also good, they do have one sized but I prefer their sized ones. We have had small since we bought them when he was around 5-6mo old and he's 23mo and still wears them. They have some cute colors and a few prints

Also, I don't think I've mentioned these on here, I have not personally tried them but have heard great things about them...but not so many colors to choose from, but are birth to potty

Grobaby diapers
https://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/gro-baby™-c-50_95.html

As for prints, I have found that fitteds have the most options for prints, like Goodmamas and Mutts along with others. I haven't tried the Blueberry pockets but I know alot of girls here love them. Good luck finding something you like!

I hated the fuzzi's mo3:blush:

Call me a snob but If it doesnt feel nice on the outside then it dont stand a chance :rofl:

Yours didn't feel nice? Mine feel great lol, the same as BG, not at all "plasticky" or anything, but soft

Oh no fuzzis werent evicted because of their feel factor, they were given their red card cos I hated the elastic in the legs to adjust them:dohh: I just couldnt get them to fit right on Leo!

Happy Heinys- Plasticy IMHO

tOTS BOTS - Plasticy imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"